• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox an evolution?

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
I've been maining fox for the past few days now, and i can tell he's evolving. I have made up some advanced techs with fox and ill get a video posted sooner or later. Its major. Oh yeah, fox has some advantages on some stages too. Such as battlefield or any wallstage or smashville. Makes fox's recovery too godly. Thinking his shine spike was enough get your opponent? Think again. Shine spiking to a new evolution has come.

1st vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbSyJjMF358 ( i've improved so much more than this )
Some tips :
1. Look at my 1st vid, at 1:17-1:12, see how when he tries to get back up. Drilling + utilt will always work if it gets done right.
2. Firefox on slants like battlefield/smashville will EXTEND your firefox.
3. Spamming Nairs+Fastfall are great ways to get some combos in.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
If it's so major, you should have waited until you had a video to post this.

We all know Fox can both chainthrow and infinite his shine on a stage with a wall.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Chainthrowing/shine infinites are nothing. Im talking about how fox's shine has improved in brawl.
Ill record a vid today and try to post it

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Alright - Just a tip for some fox players.
-Practice your burstdashing - refer to this vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=coGM91YmfVQ ( Not mine )
-Some stages have a HUGE advantage when played on with fox. Its for you to find out or just until i post my vid. [Stages] - SmashVille, Final Destination, Battlefield
-Drill CAN be connected depending on the time on the drill , if the drill hits the ground, it causes a small piece of lag making it getting DIed of.
-Curving firefox never hurt - pretty good with your in a tight spot.
-I'd have to say, im thinking fox is the most technical character on brawl, but thats just my opinion, i've tested every other char and fox seemed to be the best.
-Playing against a marth? Stay OFF the edges.
-For the evolution of shine spiking, lets just say fox likes to play on the edges ;]
-Wall Jumps has its advantages on some stages.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Maybe burstdashing is similar to dashdancing? In the provided vids, that's all I saw the Fox do that can mean "burstdash."

I think the evolution of shine spiking may be referring to the ledge shine as an edgeguard tactic.

Not too sure what this "HUGE" advantage in recovery Fox has on Smashville, FD, and Battlefield.

I still think this is false or overexaggerated news, but I'm hoping xDarkElement proves me wrong.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
burst dashing is the movement used in that video its a combination of foxtrotting, and dash dancing to change directions followed by JC moves.

so far the only people it actually is beneficial to is fox, metaknight and sonic everyone else is to slow for it to be effective.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
This guy joined in march, i dont think we can trust him :/
Why are flat stages better for fox? And how can he play off of the stage against a marth? O_o

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i've joined in march. Fox doesnt like playing on the edges against marth, you know the up+b would own your *** against any stages. Taking + Posting the video today

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I think this thread has been a little overhyped. Still looking forward to the video however...

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, had went out with a few relatives. Ill just release it anyways. Fox has major advantages on Battlefield/Smashville. You know the how the stage is formed? the slants under the edges give you a major mindgame type. If you firefox straight into the slant, itll automaticly slide you up to the edge. Works on battlefield/smashville. A little wall jump on the edge could play around with your opponent. If your below the stage, just do a firefox diagonal and then move left in the air and you should hit the edge. As for edge games, id have to say fox is pretty good. If your oppenent is off the edge, i suggest going on the edge, jump + drill them down. If the drill gets it critically against them, do a shine and itll hook up after. Itll be hard for them to recover.Ill try to get a vid tommorow to better explain it. Drilling them down works on almost every recovery. For characters like snake, you have to hit a sweet spot for the snakes recovery to fall down. Shining CAN shine spike snake, its just that you have to get it really good. Bair's are pretty good if your oppenent if off the edge and you on the edge. Firefox is pretty **** good. On the edge and your opponent is a in a reachable range? I usually just drop then nair right after. Ill show how effecient how firefox is used. Curving firefox's can help from time to time in tight positions.

Spec_Ops_Falco

Smash Rookie
unless i'm misinterpreting what you've written... we're basically supposed to sh into fox's aerials to edgeguard, or just edgehunt... i don't see how that's really an evolution... or much of anything new, really

and the smashville/battlefield thing... you could do that on FD in melee... minus the wall jump...

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
Um, yeah. I posted a thread in the Technical discussion board about an infinite lip stall; any character who can walljump can do this on any stage with a lip.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Lol wow i just noticed, fox has the BIGGEST extension of his firefox on smashville. I was literally in the middle of under the stage and firefoxed diagonal, it extended it so much and made it to the edge :D
My bro had my camera, so im still trying to find it.
Spotdodging never hurt too, i actually use it quite often, works just like a counter :D

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
Lol wow i just noticed, fox has the BIGGEST extension of his firefox on smashville. I was literally in the middle of under the stage and firefoxed diagonal, it extended it so much and made it to the edge :D
My bro had my camera, so im still trying to find it.
Spotdodging never hurt too, i actually use it quite often, works just like a counter :D
/facepalm...

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand how a specific stage would have ANY effect on the length of a Firefox. It doesn't make much sense to me, so please explain.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
ill show you guys on a video, once i take one, probally tommorow for sure.
it extends because you hit the slanted part making the firefox go up to the edge.
another useful tech, when your on the edge, and your opponent is trying to edge guard you, drop down jump up+a, firefox.

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I love the attention this thread is receiving; I for one find it very entertaining. Dark, your enthusiasm for fox is great to see and I hope you keep practicing and improving. I also hope you realize that in the future it would be better to wait until you have everything prepared (such as ensuring your video has been made and uploaded) before posting.

It is just some forum etiquette that will save yourself and everyone else some time. We are all excited for your video, but wish that we didn't have to wait until "tomorrow". By doing this you are discrediting yourself as a contributor to the forums.

I'm sure you will learn from this little incident. Keep playing Fox and get that video done! We can't wait to see it :)

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Well, tomorrow's here, and still no video. I really hope the wait will be worth it when it actually comes out.

Lemoj

Smash Rookie
A little off topic but
How exactly do you get vids onto your Computer? Do you save replays onto a memory card and then transfer trhe files onto a computer? Cause I can't seem to do that, I can't find my replays on my memory card on anything other than my Wii. Or do you just record your TV with your camera?

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I use a device called a Gamebridge that I bought off of ebay. It's a simple capture card that lets you get video on your computer for recording. The easiest way to use it with brawl would be to play some matches and save the good ones. Then, hook your wii up to your computer through the gamebridge and play the replays and record!

It was quite cheap off of ebay but isn't perfect. It doesn't capture high def and if you try and play a game like smash on your computer you will notice input lag... which sucks (like brawl wifi :p).

There are other options as well but they all require a capture card of some sort. You cannot simply transfer a repaly to your computer because a replay is not a video, but rather a collection of game data that (when run through the video game) will reproduce what happened. This works well because the game data takes up a fraction of the storage space necessary for a video. The downside is that you have to load the data into the game to see it because only the game can read it and reproduce it correctly.

Hope that answers your question!

Top Bottom