• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foward WD to Fsmash

D

Deleted member

I was wondering if u guys ever do this. Its really...odd. You move foward, which might make your opponent want to try a powerful attack, but the fsmash pullback can punish them. I'm kinda bad at spacing myself with the WD so that i can avoid their attack with my fsmash pullback. Just tell me if u use this, what times you do it, tips on spacing it properly, etc.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
I never use this, but then again I'm more of a 'come and get me' Yoshi. Most people will put their shield up if you come too close though. Of course if you observed for example a Marth everytime you approach doing a fair or something this might work. I like dashing past their shield and then fsmash more, cause that throws a lot of people off guard if you do it out of nowhere. Also dash away to pivot fsmash is too good in a lot of situations.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I only use this on bad Marths.

The very fact that you're moving forward in the first place tends to put people on the defensive in most mental situations. I can see it working if the people you play are super SUPER aggressive, though.

BUT OH MANG PIVOT FORWARD SMASH IS BEAST

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most wavedash forwards moves people use (e.g. Luigi, Doc) tend to be fast to come out moves. The f-smash would be used for spacing and is less likely to succeed as a wavedash approach.

Wavedash to downsmash is pretty sexy if it lands. Wavedash to d-tilt is awesome for spacing. Wavedash to f-smash I don't use so I can't speak for situations it is useful in.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, as stated before, if you're far away enough to need to WD to hit them with a smash, there are much faster and better moves to use, mainly aerials. don't even practice this against noobs or you'll get worse at spacing! :D

technomancer

Smash Champion
Mmmm wavedash back to fsmash.

This only works on players that do not dashdance.

Dash cancel forward smash is cool too.

D

Deleted member

Ok i get it, doesnt work :p Thanks for ruining all of my dreams.

Top Bottom