• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found something weird...

Quarg Ranger

Smash Rookie
Hi, long time lurker, but felt obliged to make an account and ask you guys about this, because honestly I have no idea what the heck just happened last night.

Playing around against a CPU on Battlefield to practice (as one does), when this occured:

Anyone have any clue as to what happened? Recently I've been playing around with Megaman DITCIT for fun, I was thinking maybe this is something similar to do with Olimar's Pikmin detaching during QA (though it doesn't look like it does, so maybe something to do with attack? Really, I'm clutching at straws here). If so, it's highly situational and not worth much, but otherwise it might be an interesting movement option...

As if Pika needed any more :p.

(Also, sorry, 3DS so terrible quality video...)

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Might have something to do with Yellow Pikmin's electric properties. Maybe he hit you as you were accelerating so he just extended it so it looked like a slide? It's the only thing I can think of.

If so it's interesting in the MU but has little practical use considering we need to be taking damage to activate it.

Quarg Ranger

Smash Rookie
Looking at it again, I think that it's a longer slide than the QA would do, considering that my second 'jump' starts at the edge of that left platform, so I don't know if it's the damage disguising the run exactly, but yeah, if no-one's found this already from random QA practice, then I'm guessing it's not of use.

Would be cool to hear further opinion on the cause though, it'd be interesting to find out what's happening, regardless of use...

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
I have a lot of experience fighting an olimar player, and from my experience, this happens when pikachu quick attacks while a pikmin is latched on to him. It happens at least once per game when I play against olimars. I don't know exactly why it happens, but it definitely happens often and is something worth looking into

Last edited:

O Hobbit

Smash Cadet
It's just as phili said. When Pikachu has a Pikimin attached to his body, his QA will slide if he cross Olimar with the second hit of the QA.

Last edited:

Quarg Ranger

Smash Rookie
Ah, thanks for clearing it up guys. I wonder if there's some interesting doubles opportunities this presents...

Megamang

Smash Lord
Perhaps even singles applications. Pikmin latched? You can quick attack once away to go deal with it.... but, suddenly you do the second jump, get the long slide into a sweet fsmash :d

Top Bottom