• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found love for kirby O:

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
I main GW and im thinking of making kirby my 2nd but i want to learn some advance technics.
If you guys could post some vids showing chaingrabs(Or anything of that sort), i'd be great.
I know how a few of his strings but its hard for me to set up a sideB move.

Heres a question, how good does he do against a good mk player?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I always thought Kirby was a good match for Meta Knight...I've never had a problem. Though I admit I've never played a really good MK, or at least someone who MAINS MK that is really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWKyT37KiY is the most basic and essential Kirby vid I can think of...Gonzo is really helpful around here ^_^ ever since I learned this combo, I basically do it every match, or at least some of it on every stock. o_O it's really easy to learn and do, and just good.

Check the "it's here at last: the NEW kirby video archive!" thread on the kirby boards, should be very helpful too.

In all honesty, you really didn't have to post a new thread, just look around the first page of the kirby boards and you'll learn a ton.

Good character choice though : )

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that vid was awesome but what im really asking: Is there anything cheat about him? Or is he just all strings(Dont get me wrong, it takes great skill to make these strings)?

Well other then the swallow spit out under the stage thing

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
psh, cheapness? You can spam your "hi!" taunt, causing your opponent to be either:
1. annoyed, and they'll make a mad rush to attack you
2. they'll think you're so cute that they'll let their guard down

sometimes people will try to attack because they think you'll be mid-taunt, but it's such a fast taunt that you can WTFPWN them after it's finished.

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Taunts are always great, im glad to make kirby my 2nd. How good does he do against snake?
I need kirby as my counter picks for MK and snake....

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol i can see y u want something cheap since ur a G&W watch player who has the cheap aerials and upB lol JP

Seriously though not to much cheap about kirby except he can get unexpected gay kills with inhale. His Fsmash has ridiculous range. His air game is amazing and can space really well. Brick has 100% priority. Inhale is also a pretty good counter when ur trouble that gives u Super armor frames if u get ur opponent

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah thanks, im doing a lot of reading now.
Great vid, i will be sure to master the gonzo combo tonight xP

Well Gw is great but all my friends know my strageties with him, and im an agresive player so i need someone fast and with a great recovery xP

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How good does he do against snake? I need kirby as my counter picks for MK and snake....
Meta Knight, Kirby can parry him depending on how well you do against Meta Knight. Snake is hard to get rid of due to his f-tilt and his projectiles. But you can parry him by using good air movements. I use grabs to rake up damage, but it's not all to good if he f-tilt all day. XD

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
awesome thanks everyone :D

Gonzo you seem nice, thanks for your help<3

Top Bottom