• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found a really hard counter to Sheik

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think its a no brainer that customs should be allowed competitively. A friend of mine had a great point about this. Its possible that Sakurai added customs with overall game balance in mind i.e. why make Samus's bombs different than brawl by default when custom moves that change it are in the game. Furthermore, allowing customs increases the overall quality of moves used in the game by and large. It also changes the nature of an established "meta" that may come about at any given time since customs will change the match-ups between characters, essentially keeping the metagame fluid.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm inclined to blame the death in the video on Lylat being terrible, but Relentless Missiles and Dense Charge Shot are absolutely glorious.

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
Relentless missiles are great. Now that the custom moveset project is really taking off, has anyone used these to a similar effect to the video?

Depth_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoDepth
I've done it against a friend. It makes the Ike matchup a little too free... What do you all think about Mega Bombs? Personally, I think it's like have a snake grenade, but a little worse. Screw Attack, Mega Bomb, Relentless Missles is a good set.

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
I'm a big fan of the slip bombs myself. Although I haven't used the mega bombs competitively at all. I usually go 1212, Relentless missiles and slip bomb combos... I've got a few decent set ups with them I think. They're good when you're off stage and someone is trying to come after you, might get that lucky spike. What I don't like about them is the lack of air mobility compared to normal bombs, bomb jumping is useless with the slip bombs.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
In any case, more variations are always a good thing.
After all, USF4 does have ultra 1/2, CvS2 had 6 versions of each characters... Custom don't seem impossible compared to that,.

Top Bottom