• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found a Mewtwo Vid

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Thats just an example of tiers. The mewto was clearly better but peach is just too good of a char sometimes.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Peach is combo'd pretty surprisingly easy sometimes, maybe it's just that while her Nair is OMGWTH strong, it has less range.

Mewtwo can deal with people with less range when he's in their faces, as long as he knows what's going actually on and stuff.

And Shadowballs are dangerous. Mewtwo is very easy to suicide.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
At first I thought the mewtwo was really good, but then I realized he didn't even know how to perfect wavedash and wasn't following up with an uAir after a fAir. His recovering was a bit iffy too. Definitely not a bad mewtwo though; pretty good.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
That Mewtwo is really good.
He's pretty impatient with the Shadowball though.
I thought it was weird how he almost never sweetspotted his recovery.
It left him open a lot of times.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
what kind of discussion were you looking for airo? that peach- i don't even want to comment.....All it tried to do was Dsmash ho like a nub. Peach should have used more arials imo..... as for the m2 ya he did a good job. Especially avoiding most of the dsmash but idk really what else to say......? am i missing something here?

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
haha well. you realize Kel is a very decent player, but he does not play mewtwo, which completely explains his wavedashes. He mains other upper tier characters and has loads of other matches uploaded. only one mewtwo match.

and if you look at the peach, shes no noob at all.

this is a classic and perfect example to how mewtwo started out a match with the advantage "surprise element" the peach had no clue how to do against mewtwo.

watching peach's playing style, the moves were quite suitable against other characters, however it just doesnt work against mewtwo. But seeing as the match developed. the peach at the end of the match played DRASTICLY different from how she started. she adapted, and hence, mewtwo started loosing.

the mewtwo was sketchy in and out, but kel did a great job playing mewtwo in a proper style.

i could go into the details of what the peach changed, but thats just alot of work.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
ahh i see. I was going to say something about the short WD but i didn't want to sound like a brat >.< and i like the suprize element response, thought that i wrote a thread on that once awhile back. We concluded that at higher tiers of play m2 just looses his "unkown" ability which is a huge boost normally. but ohh well. once again tiers reign supreme and m2 is josstled out of being able to do anyting. Like you said airo, as soon as the peach got a hold of things it was gg.

Basically m2 is just good for parlor tricks. great at pawning nubs, or peepz who don't play him often. But once you start to play people a few times they figure it out, and then your up a creek so they say. It's just so simple once you really get right down to it. M2 cannot rush an opponent (if the opponent knows m2) once they learn this, it's gg. he just doesn't have any approaches, especailly when your dealing with the higher tier. but ohh well i still love to play him and that's that :)

Top Bottom