• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward throw chain timing/percentage help

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Alright, so Im pretty new to the Ice Climbers. I was practicing the fthrow chain on wolf and I could only get a max of like 3-4 times before I messed up. (from 0%) I was wondering if it was just my bad timing or if the timing changes due to the percentage of the character. Thanks guys. xD

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was "supposedly" always the same timming. I would like more feedback on this post.

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
foward throw is always the same timing. It can seem different because after throw 2 nana and papa have to walk different distances to get in the right position to catch. i hate to say it, but just practice. make sure to try it in a game against a computer that is attacking. it gets much harder...

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeah, I can pretty much 0-death, and I feel as though it is the same timing. Thanks guys.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I can barley catch one forward thow :( nana feels so werid when she throws the biggest thing is i am still unsure of the timing.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I can barley catch one forward thow :( nana feels so werid when she throws the biggest thing is i am still unsure of the timing.
Try it out against different characters. Some of them like Lucas and Ness, I just can't seem to catch, whereas others it's easy. Try against bowser :-) because he's so big. It might be your spacing and not your timing that's the problem. I'm still just learning myself tho..

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I have been like trying everything I miss browser but sometimes I catch someon thats really small like Diddy or metaknight for example.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I have been like trying everything I miss browser but sometimes I catch someon thats really small like Diddy or metaknight for example.
Well keep practicing, you'll eventually find the timing. I use the same timing for every character when I do the forward throw. The people that I usually will have trouble with are Metaknight, Ness, Lucas, and sometimes Snake can give me trouble. The big characters are the easiest to forward chain but I would suggest learning the timing on Mario, or another balanced-weight character then adjust from there.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
People I play with are starting to get to smart... down grabs alternating is not even good anymore they are like techrolling and jumping and all this other crazy buisness

Top Bottom