• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

forward + b question..

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
i'm assuming everyone knows about this, but maybe not.
i was watching a video of taj, and he was ledge hopping forward b and grabbing the ledge as if to catch them in the confusion and drag them down to the floor.

i was playing some teams matches with my friends, one of them was c.falcon. in battlefield and i ledge hopped a forward b like i saw taj do. i thought id give it a shot and it warped falcon below the stage and i gimped him at 11%!!

i tried this in FD as well and he was just warped to the ledge.

are there any other levels you can do this in???

quak

Smash Champion
no, it's only done on battlefield, hence the name "The Battlefield glitch"

very commonly known, and attempting this on any other stage is a bad idea, cause you're forcing them to edgehog while your falling below the ledge.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I have only been able to get the glitch to work reliably on battlefield, but I have had it work on occasion on fountain of dreams. Nonetheless, the move is very risky and probably something one would not want to consider during an actual match.

Metà

Smash Master
I heard someone say Termina (Great Bay). That stage works as well, but it's banned in tourneys, so most serious players don't play on it, even in friendlies. This glitch can also be used on Brinstar Depths, because sometimes they just get stuck inside the level. lawl at ******** stage glitches. ^ ^

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
yeah i had never heard of the battlefield glitch.
its pretty neat though :)
i wish it worked more reliably.... if it did. ohhh can you say GIMP!???

quak

Smash Champion
whatever! "confusion glitchy thingy that pulls the guy through the stage and works best on battlefield, but is still recoverable..." could be it's name, it's still gets the **** point across!

we all know what we're talking about when you say "confusion glitch" or "battlefield glitch."

dam you airo......quit being right :dizzy:

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
quak: chill out man. everything will be JUST FINE.

taj: i was actually thinking it might work at rainbow cruise too. on my own time at school though, so i had no smash to test it out. would that be the bow of the ship then it works on??

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
on FD, this glitch grants instant KOs to ANY character, with only several exceptions.
what are the exceptions?? cuz i never had this work at FD. it just warped them to the ledge, and left me screwed and edgehogged

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I think he means on BF, not FD.

The exceptions to the instant KO rule would be characters with guideable double jumps, like Ness, Peach and other Mewtwos (with the exception of Yoshi. I don't think he can come back from it too easily, unless he times an airdodge really well).

Other exceptions include characters with certain specific third jump properties, such as pikachu/pichu; good overB recoveries, like Samus (possibly Marth too?); characters with walljumping can probably recover from it if they think to do it fast enough, and of course the baloons can come back from it no problem.

EDIT: 200 posts ftw :D

quak

Smash Champion
well even that though, it is recoverable by most charactors if they know it's coming. In fact just about all charactors can potentially recover from it. It's the surprise factor that kills them, keep that in mind.

and my post count just reminds me of how much time i wasted here:p

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
it doesnt =p you arnt wrong about that

it only words on BF hence related as "battle field glitch"

using the glitch
with your mewtwo
use confusion, then do an immediate teleport upwards for quick edgeguard.

even link, ylink, and samus cant recover from it, since after being confused, they arnt facing the stage and they wont be able to hookshot/grapple

as long as you edgeguard right after your confusion, it kills almost all characters
with exceptions just as Pve said =]

and even those exceptions often die from it since they dont have the instinct to react quickly enough and recover. just as Quak said.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty useful, but most people ban battlefield if you're in a tourney with mewtwo.

You can counter the recover of some of the characters who can make it back on the stage by doublejumping and teleporting to the ledge. Test some stuff out and see what options you have once you pull someone down.

quak

Smash Champion
no no, he's saying that your opponent will "veto" your battlefeild stage pick. Not that the actual glitch is banned.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Not sure, but I think quak did it in his teaser… on Poke stadium? O.o or was it battlefield, can’t remember, too lazy to go watch it.

Top Bottom