• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward+B Platform Cancel Combo

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't really play as Kirby, but I've been messing around with a lot of characters lately and I found a way to legitimately combo with Kirby's aerial forward+b.

If you run, jump, and forward+b with the right timing, you can end his forward+b with very little lag by landing on the edge of a platform. It pops opponents up in the right place for either an up-tilt or back-air, depending on how floaty they are and at what percent. It seems like it would be an interesting way to combo an enemy into one of your KO moves.

I could possibly see Kirby players leading into this with a throw, then tech-chasing on a platform with the hammer. It would be interesting to finish off a Fox with an up-throw, tech chase hammer, up-tilt up-air. I might be imagining things, but I got it to work in training mode, so it has to be good XD

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I just tested it myself. It works, and it isn't that hard to do. You have to time it so that the peak of the full jump is right above the platform. It doesn't matter where the opponent is standing as long as you hit them with the hammer. Once the hammer is finished, your opponent will land right behind you, where you can successfully execute a series of uptilts.

The only problem I see is if your opponent runs around too much. You would never be able to pull this off. . .

Anyway, good job, Wobbles! You find too much stuff in this game! I read your thread about the platform cancelling thingymajig. What should we name this one?

King Kirby 90

Smash Apprentice
Uhm yeah good found, but I have already came up with that some months ago^^. It works as you said with a normal (non-reverse) aerial hammer so you can decide whether you want to perform an utilt or something after it or you can also press the Control Stick away from the stage in order to directly fall from off the edge with no lag. You can continue with an bair or something to hit your opponent when choosing this option. However you can also do this trick with a reverse aerial hammer so that you directly edge-hog. You are then able to follow up with an edgejumped dair or fair. But anyways nice to see someone else found it.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah, it would be almost impossible to pull off against any smart opponent. I would recommend it as a platform tech-chase, but I don't know how often that situation comes up for a Kirby. Maybe off a back-throw or up-throw?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's sort of sad when Kirby players have to get excited about finding ways to actually use Kirby's attacks. :(

One problem I have with using the aerial hammer against people who play against my Kirby regularly, is that they've learned to simply smash DI toward the ground and hit Kirby before he has a chance to combo into an attack. The Aerial Hammer really should have more hit stun or something.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
It's sort of sad when Kirby players have to get excited about finding ways to actually use Kirby's attacks. :(

One problem I have with using the aerial hammer against people who play against my Kirby regularly, is that they've learned to simply smash DI toward the ground and hit Kirby before he has a chance to combo into an attack. The Aerial Hammer really should have more hit stun or something.
well good thing most people dont play vs Kirby :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Us Texans have to watch out for the KKK!

Top Bottom