• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward air into a smash.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
I was playing as Sheik yesterday for the first time in awhile since I moved onto ZSS and as I was playing, I constantly found myself spamming her fair and swiftly going into a smash (usually d smash or f smash.) Is this a viable tactic? It seems like the fair applys a lot of pressure to the opponent, then they think they can shield grab you but you automatically follow with a smash since hers are so fast. Or is it not worth it?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
If you do the Downsmash, there are very few frames in which they can grab you. Basically, they'd have to powershield the Fair and grab right away.

This is a fairly viable tactic with Sheik. However, I prefer using a Bair on my approaches. It's longer ranged and has the same landing lag.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
Well today I played a good Ike player and he was shield grabbing my fair + fsmash combos. However, the fair/bair + dsmash worked like a charm. Very quick and powerful.

No they weren't tripping, why?

demodemo

Smash Ace
They often trip after a nonsweetspotted fair (usually diagonally below, during an approach) and after a trip you can comfortably lead to a smash attack, which i have done before.

By the way, fair/bair into a smash attack is not going to work forever and will not work on characters like weegee or anyone with a fast attack (spam jabs anyone?). there is definitely enough delay between the two for your opponent to react. I really suggest leading into a ftilt after an fair if you are really intent on approaching ike. it is fast and has good enough priority and is SPAMMABLE :D

Why are you approaching ike anyway? needles boy! only approach when you are bored and want to destroy your friend's smash esteem.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
Needles.... needles. Sounds like a good idea. I will be needle spamming next time I face them.

And I love getting opponents in an f tilt tornado, followed by an up smash. It's awesome.

Top Bottom