• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fortress landing w/ reduced lag

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I noticed this today with Bowser's fortress.

As you all know, if you fortress in the air, you will land with an annoying bounce that leaves you way open to be punished. However, if you land on the ground before the fortress is completely finished (or anytime during the attack) the lag is drastically reduced. There is still some lag (I couldn't attack right after landing) but it's not nearly as bad as the bounce.

This works if you fortress directly after a short hop or if you do it below the ledge during a recovery.

I find this odd because most air attacks have lag if you land during them and none if you land after them, but this is the complete opposite.

Don't know if this is terribly helpful since I'm not a Bowser main (I use him on occasion) but I suppose this might be looked into more by you guys.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I figured out how to do this. It seems pretty situational.
Basically all you have to do is land from your UP B before you are put in "freefall" state. This sounds easy, but there its actually kind of hard to land this quickly after doing an upB, unless you land on a platform.

Anyway, its neat, I hope I can find a place where this will work a lot

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I figured out how to do this. It seems pretty situational.
Basically all you have to do is land from your UP B before you are put in "freefall" state. This sounds easy, but there its actually kind of hard to land this quickly after doing an upB, unless you land on a platform.

Anyway, its neat, I hope I can find a place where this will work a lot
Like I said, this will work right after a short-hop. I did it a few times on FD and it wasn't that hard to do. You can use it to do some damage out of a short hop and then follow-up upon landing.

And of course, platforms help a lot, like you said.

Top Bottom