• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fortress Edgehog

AeuS

Smash Cadet
Well, I do this once in a while. However, sometimes Bowser just flies off the edge without grabbing the edge. So I ask: What are the conditions under which Bowser can grab the ledge while doing fortress? What are conditions when he can't? Or am I just doing it wrong? Halp!

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's a really cool trick. I actually usually just do the stupid thing and fortress toward the cliff and grab it by pushing or ending the fortress right into the edge of the stage. Completely random and despite the fact that it's crazy to do as you could just go flying off, most of the time I actually grab the ledge and not die.

D

Deleted member

one thing for those who dont know. when your close to an edge but not close enough dont run up to it to teeter wavedash or walk up to it because the startup animation of the run will send you over the edge when your too close.

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
That video was very informative, i didn't realize some of the basics of fortress hogging which forced me to foolishly flail myself off the ledge.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I almost never use that technique, I should probably use it more what are the benfits of using other than just short hopping to an edgehog?

pdk

Smash Lord
I almost never use that technique, I should probably use it more what are the benfits of using other than just short hopping to an edgehog?
better defense (you'd be leaving yourself open to up+b's and the like during the shorthop) and speed

Top Bottom