• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Force Palm Questions

Windfall

Smash Rookie
Hi, I just found this sub and have a few questions.
It seems like every single Joker I fight constantly reflects when Arsene is out. Does the command grab from Force Palm go through reflects/ Counters?
Can you command grab in the air with Force Palm?
Also how do you guys approach characters with quick counters that spam them in the air?

GrieverSSBU

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1500 9618 1710
I'm not a Lucario main or even very good at the character in general but I do believe command grabs go through counters because grabs are how you counter a counter move. If you know how to roll cancel boost grab/roll cancel boost pivot grab you may be able to get in on them enough to condition them to not abuse their counter so frequently. A large part of his ability to counter is Arsen. If he gets it you'll want to chip away at his bar to get rid of him. You'll probably not want to box with him it that state since a stray hit can easily send your max aura Lucario straight into the blast zone. You gotta mix them up though because they will see that coming from a mile away if they are any good. That said, just try to optimize your movement and spacing to keep yourself out of grab punish range and try to keep them guessing and you should have a better time with it.

GoTE | Lickme.pl

Smash Rookie
Hi, I just found this sub and have a few questions.
It seems like every single Joker I fight constantly reflects when Arsene is out. Does the command grab from Force Palm go through reflects/ Counters?
Can you command grab in the air with Force Palm?
Also how do you guys approach characters with quick counters that spam them in the air?
Command grabs work wonders vs counter. Lucario's on the other hand, can only work if Lucario is grounded, so be patient if they spam counter in the air.

Typically speaking, landing with a counter is extremely amateurish and is basically begging you for a hard punish.

Windfall

Smash Rookie
I'm not a Lucario main or even very good at the character in general but I do believe command grabs go through counters because grabs are how you counter a counter move. If you know how to roll cancel boost grab/roll cancel boost pivot grab you may be able to get in on them enough to condition them to not abuse their counter so frequently. A large part of his ability to counter is Arsen. If he gets it you'll want to chip away at his bar to get rid of him. You'll probably not want to box with him it that state since a stray hit can easily send your max aura Lucario straight into the blast zone. You gotta mix them up though because they will see that coming from a mile away if they are any good. That said, just try to optimize your movement and spacing to keep yourself out of grab punish range and try to keep them guessing and you should have a better time with it.
I roll cancel boost grab, I just haven't figured out how to pivot while doing it.
How do I "chip away at his bar"? I've since learned how to enjoy the joker matchup by just grabbing a lot and being a general dickbag to try to prevent them from countering all the time until arsene runs out.

!Also I learned if you start Force Palm in the air, and land within 9 frames, you can make the command grab. I've been doing that as a mixup lately

GrieverSSBU

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1500 9618 1710
I roll cancel boost grab, I just haven't figured out how to pivot while doing it.
How do I "chip away at his bar"? I've since learned how to enjoy the joker matchup by just grabbing a lot and being a general dickbag to try to prevent them from countering all the time until arsene runs out.

!Also I learned if you start Force Palm in the air, and land within 9 frames, you can make the command grab. I've been doing that as a mixup lately
If you are trying to roll cancel boost pivot grab you would essentially input the boost grab but just before you input the grab you flick the stick the opposite direction. The Beefy Smash Doods made a pretty good video detailing how to perform it.

GrieverSSBU

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1500 9618 1710

As for chipping away at Arsenes bar just hit him with safe aerials/ safe ground options or well spaced projectiles until it runs out. It works well for the most part.

Top Bottom