• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those with both Wii U and 3ds versions

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Do you find the Wii U version to have more input lag than the 3ds?

I find that the 3DS has virtually no input lag outside online, while on the Wii U version I have slight input lag(maybe about 0.2s worth), which is enough for it to be noticeable. It could be just my HDTV, but the input lag is still present even If I just use the Wii U controller as a screen. I find that I do way better on the 3DS than the Wii U version for this reason.

If you're not good at noticing input lag dont give me your input.

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
A few basic things:

1) Never use your Wii U gamepad as a screen for smash. The Wii U is streaming from the console to the screen on the gamepad so that has the most input lag.

2) What controller do you normally use? The test I have seen so far show that a wired GameCube controller and adapter have the lowest amount of input lag. If your using a wireless controller try to keep it fully charged as much as possible. The 3DS lags really bad if you use as a controller for your Wii U, so I wouldn't recommend it.

3) Does your HDTV have a "game mode"? If so make sure it is on. The difference of this being on is night and day. A older TV I have always turns it off when the TV is turned off, so I always check it. This mode does not alter the picture color so don't confuse it with any preset color setting that maybe called "game".

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I use game mode and a wired gamecube controller, and there is a .2 sec input lag

Top Bottom