• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those who are using a Classic Controller with Brawl...

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow might be your first chance to test out the Classic Controller with a Smash Bros game!! Why, do you ask? Because the original Super Smash Bros. might be coming out for Virtual Console tomorrow!!! Well, according to a rumor that's been going around the internet for a while and was revived because some people said it would be coming out March 3rd.

NOTE: I do not know if this is true. I hope it is. and I'm sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

Personally, I am planning to try out the Classic Controller once I get Brawl. And this should help prepare me for when I do in my opinion.

So, is anyone else purchasing SSB for Virtual Console tomorrow if the rumor is true?

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
O_O where did you hear about this!!! I might have to get it depending on points!

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to get it because I've heard that it is obsolete compared to Melee, so I rather not waster ten bucks.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm debating. I heard this news too, and while I have an N64 (recently acquired from a little brother that didn't care for it anymore), I don't own the original SSB for it. So, should I get it for VC or just find the original? I'm not sure which one is cheaper, but I figure there's a good argument for each:

VC: I'll own my Wii longer
64: The N64 already has 4 controllers, which the game was originally intended to use.

So, I don't know. Either way, it's a classic game that's incredibly fun to play with other people.

stfunerds

Smash Apprentice
I have it on N64 so....for all you people wanting to use the CC for it just wait the week geez. Honestly you're going to pay 10 bucks on a game you'll use a week just to play with the CC.... play melee instead and then when brawl comes out use the CC and it'll be a brand new experience.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
I'm debating. I heard this news too, and while I have an N64 (recently acquired from a little brother that didn't care for it anymore), I don't own the original SSB for it. So, should I get it for VC or just find the original? I'm not sure which one is cheaper, but I figure there's a good argument for each:

VC: I'll own my Wii longer
64: The N64 already has 4 controllers, which the game was originally intended to use.

So, I don't know. Either way, it's a classic game that's incredibly fun to play with other people.
Wait. I thought this was confirmed >_>. Aww ****it!!! sorry for getting all of your hopes up =[.

I'm buying it just so I can play all three SSB games on one system.
That's what I'm gonna do, if this ends up being true -_-.

Supamanu

Smash Rookie
*has been playing SSB64 on Project64 for years*
Looks like thats what im going to have to do, i was hoping they would release it on VC b/c im off at college and my bros hve the 64. SSB64 is awesome i wish they would release it.

Top Bottom