• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS For those of you who are worried you won't get a Demo Code.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
NoA has announced that they are emailing platinum members throughout the WHOLE DAY. Many people may have gotten it early but many may be getting it later in the evening! So there is still hope if you have met all the requirements but still haven't gotten a code.

The requirements are as following:

- Achieve Platinum Status for the July 1st, 2013 - June 31st, 2014 year.

- You have registered a Nintendo 3ds product with Club Nintendo.

- And have chosen to accept emails and news from Nintendo when you signed up with Club Nintendo.

Good luck fellow Smashers!

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Don't disappoint me! I'm waiting as I have done all of these!

inb4raisins

Smash Rookie
Does the last option truly mean when you created your account? Because when I was able to sign into club nintendo I went to notifications and the box was unchecked. I've since checked it, but if you really have to have opted into emails from the start I'm somewhat frustrated! But it is only a week :)

Woken up by bacon

Smash Rookie
Can you link me to an official source or give me a timetable for this? All day is kind of vague.
@NintendoAmerica tweeted about 15 minutes ago that they're still being sent out. No time table or mention of "all day" though, so it's honestly even more vague. I can't link until I have 10 posts apparently though, so you'll have to find it.

VaderPrime

Smash Rookie
NNID
VaderPrime
3DS FC
1006-0846-7481
I got mine about an hour ago, and the official Nintendo Twitter account said they are still rolling out. (Sorry guys, I actually did use all my codes, I have 3 3ds' in house and a nephew is getting the 4th)

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Maybe a silly question on my part, but where can I check if I've accepted to receive E-Mails from them?

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I "lost" my Club Nintendo Platinum status a while ago. Hope that doesn't hurt it.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am worried I won't get a demo code because I didn't get Platinum last year.

:(

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Site managed to hold up long enough to get the notifications box checked off. Fingers crossed.

bhats001

Smash Rookie
Well, good luck to you all! I alas don't fit the qualifications but if a spare code is hanging around... Your kindness will be appreciated

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Ah crap! When I signed up for Club Nintendo I opted out of emails so it looks like despite my Platinum membership on CN I won't get the code regardless.... I must look like a friggin schmuck right now. I can feel Sakurai laughing at me.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm a platinum member and because of this I got to pick Earthbound as my prize this year. I think I'd qualify for a demo code but I have no email. :( The site also isn't loading for me no matter what.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I'm happy for the ones who got it later :) try sharing with your fellow smashboarders :)

I'm sorry to hear of those who didn't get it... I wish I didn't give mine away so fast..

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
I meet all the qualifications and regularly get Nintendo's marketing emails, but didn't get a code. Such a bummer. I'm trying to go through Nintendo support to have them resend it. So far I just keep getting the same form letter.

R0Y

Smash Master
I meet all the qualifications and regularly get Nintendo's marketing emails, but didn't get a code. Such a bummer. I'm trying to go through Nintendo support to have them resend it. So far I just keep getting the same form letter.
Same, I think they're going to double down on the "some" part despite the qualifications implying that people like us who did all three things would get it and the some was just for people who opted out of marketing e-mails. Someone done goofed but I don't think we'll get it resolved. A great guy here on this site gave me a code but I know of other people who met all the requirements and got nothing, pretty ****y of the big N. Don't lose sleep over it, same demo will be public in less than 6 days. Also I wouldn't expect a response on the weekend, maybe even an automated one.

If such a thing happens with a reward like the Smash CD's....I'm spamming NOA's phone lines up until I get that resolved. Not missing the CD unless it's out because they didn't print enough. This on the other hand was just a small bonus with the "some" caveat attached. Pretty typical of NOA's online infrastructure though...I'm glad I always buy physical, especially with Nintendo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom