• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those buying the 3DS Version will you be upgrading to the Wii U version?

For those buying the 3DS Version will you be upgrading to the Wii U version?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
ill have to pick up a wiiu before i get it but i plan to upgrade, but honestly i think ill like the 3ds version better im just more of a handheld gamer, but playing on the wiiu every now and again wont be bad

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say "upgrading" as if I'm replacing it or will stop playing it once the U version releases, but I already have both versions pre-ordered.

Nintendo_Addict

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5124-4980
I bought a Wii U several months ago just so that I could play the new Super Smash on the big screen, so yes. I will defiantly be upgrading to the Wii U version when it comes out but will still more then likely play the 3DS version whenever I'm forced to leave the house. >.>

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I have both versions pre-orderd and I don't even own a Wii U at the moment.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I suppose. "Upgrading" almost seems offensive, but I suppose it's an apt term. Once the Wii U version comes out it will become my primary version, but I will undoubtedly still play the 3DS version. Specifically, I imagine I will play it a lot between classes and other odd times like that when I am out of the house.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I'll be grabbing both versions, and continue to play both versions. the 3DS version will be good to play while waiting for a match to start at tournaments, as well as when I want to play smash but don't want to be near the TV.

Also I have several friends that don't have a Wii U. But we all have 3DSes(and don't live nearby)

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I'm getting both, but i'm most likely going to play the 3DS version of Smash more than the WiiU version. I don't know, its just something about being able to play it anywhere without being in front of a TV.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
It's not going to be an "upgrade" for me, the 3DS is my favorite version though I will get both.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I am gonna buy both versions. That way i can play the 3DS version everywhere and the Wii U version is better for playing with some friends on a big screen. Besides there will be enough different modes in the different versions which will both bring me a unique experience.

D

Deleted member

I do plan to get the Wii U version. I wouldn't call it an "upgrade" though, because I always planned to get both.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I won't be "upgrading" from the 3DS version to the Wii U version; I will definitely be supplementing it with the Wii U version, though.

Top Bottom