• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory SPAM!

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Link. Corrin. Bayonetta. Cloud. These names strike fear into the hearts of me, and many other people as well, simply for these unbeatable strategies:

Link: spam projectiles and roll, as well as up smash and dair on landing

Bayonetta: Down tilt into trademark combo, with tons of priority

Corrin: Nuetral B and side B, as shielding is not an effective way to punish

Cloud: Crazy range with pretty much all his aerials

Down B, for me, has been a pretty good way to punish cloud and link, but I want to mix it up, and the other two I have no clue how to deal with it. Any tips?

Last edited:

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880

This may seem unbeatable at times, but it is not, nor is anything else in smash. (Except maybe some scenarios in melee, and brawl Metaknight.) My advice other than learning the main moves of every character, is observe your opponent's patterns and adapt. After doing so you may see an opening or opportunities to create one using the many tools of your character. Remember: Be patient.
I recommend trying to shield dash towards your opponent as you prepare your attack, or other wise shield grab. Pay attention to your opponent's next action so you can react and punish it. All the stereotypical character mains you mention have their respective weaknesses for example, shield dashes + grabs should keep a stereotypical Corrin on their toes. I would also suggest taking advantage of the difficult "stepdash" tech since you main Metaknight and he owns one of the best step dashes in the game.

Well I hope this helped a little. Best of luck.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman

This may seem unbeatable at times, but it is not, nor is anything else in smash. (Except maybe some scenarios in melee, and brawl Metaknight.) My advice other than learning the main moves of every character, is observe your opponent's patterns and adapt. After doing so you may see an opening or opportunities to create one using the many tools of your character. Remember: Be patient.
I recommend trying to shield dash towards your opponent as you prepare your attack, or other wise shield grab. Pay attention to your opponent's next action so you can react and punish it. All the stereotypical character mains you mention have their respective weaknesses for example, shield dashes + grabs should keep a stereotypical Corrin on their toes. I would also suggest taking advantage of the difficult "stepdash" tech since you main Metaknight and he owns one of the best step dashes in the game.

I may have to look into the stepdash thing. But meta knight has some AMAZING combo throws at early %, so thx.

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
When you say Spam? Are you implying certain moves that brain dead easy to win with?

link2702

Smash Champion
If someone is spamming, and you're losing to it I got bad news for you.....

It's your fault, not theirs. If it's truly spam, then that means it's painfully predictable and easy to avoid. Also some characters like link were built around a certain play style. Link was made to be a campy projectile heavy character, that's what his strength is, and his weaknesses and disadvantages were also made with this in mind. Sakurai deliberately made link campy, and hell, he even buffed his and toon links projectile games because he likely felt they were lacking in brawl.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Be patient and observe. If people are doing the same strategy over and over again, that's because it works and you're not learning from it.

Manabu

Smash Rookie
Count how many times they do the move that it's spammed and then it's a free read

Last edited:

Machii

Smash Apprentice
You're spot on actually. They're the leaders of the FG meta. I'd like to add those few players that can actually play Ryu. That input lag and shield stun stack is just bonkers.

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Link can be annoying with arrow, roll roll roll roll arrow roll arrow arrow f-smash. It's more a game of patience at that point. It's certainly not fun, but is easy to defeat. Then afterwards they get a block, gg, and I leave.

LemmeSm4shPleez

Smash Rookie
Link. Corrin. Bayonetta. Cloud. These names strike fear into the hearts of me, and many other people as well, simply for these unbeatable strategies:

Down B, for me, has been a pretty good way to punish cloud and link, but I want to mix it up, and the other two I have no clue how to deal with it. Any tips?
I use Link and I don't spam.

Uffe

Smash Hero

Boomerang only hits you when it's thrown. When it comes back, you can ignore it. Arrows leave Link open. If you can get to him just before he shoots his arrows, then you get a free hit. Bombs are really the only threat, because he can pull out two of them, and they have some sort of HP on them. If you're getting hit with up smashes, up tilts, or up aerials, it's because he's already forced you to approach from the air. Bait those attacks and punish him. Down air is predictable, so just don't challenge it unless you're on his left or right, and not below him.

Learn to SDI. If Bayonetta is doing her Witch Twist, SDI upward and away the moment she does it. Unless you're using a fast faller or heavy character, this shouldn't be too much of a problem. She won't be able to continue her combo without using her second jump if you SDI the Witch Twist. If you're caught in the Witch Twist, SDI down and away instead. Against her, you have to be pretty patient. If she's coming in from the side to start her combo, just block both the slide, and the hit that follows after. She can still try to grab you if you shield her a lot, though, so keep that in mind.

Neutral B is predictable. If you see Corrin doing this, you can either do nothing, or approach from above and hit with a down air. Dragon Lunge, I think it's called, is annoying, but if you have a good out of shield option, then you can counter it once he lunges the spear-like attack into the ground. But you'll have to be somewhat close to him to punish him. Otherwise, trade hits with him when he flings himself into you after the lunge.

This is a surprise to me considering Corrin's neutral air is just as annoying as Clouds. The difference here is that Cloud's only circles once, whereas Corrin's spins all around his body starting from both his front and back. The obvious aerials are his up air and down air. Don't try to challenge his up air, obviously, unless you have some sort of attack that can go through it first. Down air, same as Link. Avoid being underneath him when he does it, and punish him from the left or right in the air. Or shield and grab. Forward air looks like it has some good lag behind it. Airdodge into an aerial yourself while moving into him. Not sure what to say about his back air. His down tilt can leave him open if you shield it.

Link is a rare character to fight, so I think he's got the advantage there. The other characters are just really good, so overall, don't feel bad for losing against these characters.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
lol these guys are in my distant memory. I've gone far past worrying about strats like this. Thanks for the concern anyways :D

TheWill44

Smash Apprentice
I met a For Glory spammer (Some Blonde Mii with Emo hairstyle and sleepy eyes) named Cherry who mained Little Mac. Either he was trolling, or he was super bad. I meme’d him and did nothing as Luigi and he Side B’d off the ledge first stock, then he hit me and I grabbed the ledge, then he jumped off, and Baired me, then I fell along with Cherry as he missed the recovery. I said GG then left while loling.

Last edited:

CloudN64

Smash Rookie
NNID
CloudN64
3DS FC
2724-1650-9940
Switch FC
4064-0110-4458

Mmm... spam... but yes, I have to agree with you. It's always important to know what opponent's moves and you have to adapt to them. Patience is a virtue.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Link is actually pretty bad and easy to beat. Just shield his projectiles. Even online I have an easy time shielding them. And if they roll spam then that may make them even easier to beat because that probably means they are predictable enough to let them roll into your Dsmash. Just watch out for his grab but if you dodge that then you can often punish him hard and since most spammy Links are predictable it is pretty easy to dodge and punish enough of their grabs.

As for Cloud and Bayonetta, they are just insanely good characters. Pay-To-Win at it's finest as far as Smash goes. Especially Bayonetta.

Cloud has great speed, power, and range on his attacks. This makes his attacks low risk/high reward. If you approach Cloud then you are playing his game due to his great close range game, but f you do not then he will just charge his limit so it is a lose/lose situation for you.

Bayonetta is more low-mid risk/extremely high reward. Her combo's are unfair and Witch Time is far too good considering it was given to an already amazing character. She probably did not even win the ballot yet she still gets to be in smash and in addition she gets to be the new Meta Knight. I also hate her because she is the ugliest character in Smash history.

And to add insult to injury, they choose her to be the character that undresses herself for her attacks in Smash 4. It is true that Samus did it first but that was in SSBB and though ZSS is even more naked in Smash 4 that does not help because Samus also is not a good choice for this.
Samus is a poor choice because her suit looks so awesome that I prefer to look at her suit over looking at any girl.
Bayonetta is a poor choice because she is disgustingly ugly.

Personally I think they should have female WFT and Daisy undress for their attacks instead.
With female WFT they could make her start the battle with shoes but then have her take them off for her Fsmash in order to have her put her smelly foot firmly in her opponents face which I am sure some people out there would appreciate. Her foot is extra smelly due to the exercise she does so this would give lots of damages. They could also make her undress after her smashes as cool down lag (get it) with the excuse that exercise make her body hot (and it does that in more ways than one *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*).
And Daisy could be like Samus where she undresses during her Final Smash. Her Final Smash would be based on Peach's since she is Peach's echo but instead of Peach's dance, Luigi would appear and she would undress for Luigi and then Luigi would do his dance from SSBB and Daisy would spin around a pole while commenting on Luigi's greatness.

Top Bottom