• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory S-s-s-salties

idothedew

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7503-8347
Does any other Mega man main go through this with players online? After beating an opponent, they often switch to one of these characters: Fox, Falco, Palutena or someone else who has some sort of reflection ability. Then I go into troll mode and hit them with every single projectile I have despite their efforts to reflect my attacks. However my favorite one is where they pick Samus, almost like they're trying to say, " Well, Samus can use projectiles too... I'll show you!"

How do you deal with people that do this? I usually keep fighting and troll them to the point of rage quitting even though they cycle through all those characters that I listed above. Then I bring out the extra spicy troll sauce to those players who are more skilled and still decide to do this!! I deal with this quite often and that is manageable, but today has been full of these players! Maybe it's just my play style that is rage-inducing? Eh I dunno.

Last edited:

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Yep, especially if they switch to Palutena, Mario or Fox despite having no idea how to play the character because they think they'll win automatically. It's so lame and reveals that all they want is a cheesy win. Much more fun when people just break out their strongest pick and play their best.

How arrogant do you have to be to assume a megaman main doesn't know his reflector matchups?

Its annoying when they understand that they need to reflect air shooters and knuckles, not metal blades and bombers, though...

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Happens to me just about every time I go on For Glory. Heck, sometimes people even switch to Mega Man to prove they can beat me with my own character whom they have no experience with.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Yep, especially if they switch to Palutena, Mario or Fox despite having no idea how to play the character because they think they'll win automatically. It's so lame and reveals that all they want is a cheesy win. Much more fun when people just break out their strongest pick and play their best.

How arrogant do you have to be to assume a megaman main doesn't know his reflector matchups?

Its annoying when they understand that they need to reflect air shooters and knuckles, not metal blades and bombers, though...
THIS.

I have no problem with the opponent picking someone that "counters" megaman, but most of the time, they just pick them for that reason: "HA, i have a reflector, you are DOOMED". If you don't know the character, having a reflector isn't going to give you an instant win.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
This is something I've noticed as well

D.Mario, Mario, Fox, Falco, Villager, Palutena, Pit..

Anyone with reflectors gets picked, then I beat them even harder because they have no idea how to use that character. Glad I'm not alone here.

Huben Draknir

Smash Rookie
NNID
HubenDraknir
3DS FC
4570-9317-8482
Agreed, but it seems to be a MegaMan trait as I play bowser as my main and mega as my secondary I can play 10 matches in a row with 1 person as bowser even 2-stocking them and they stay but most Mega games they dip after 1-2 games or right after they swap to the reflector of choice

Last edited:

idothedew

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7503-8347
Agreed, but it seems to be a MegaMan trait as I play bowser as my main and mega as my secondary I can play 10 matches in a row with 1 person as bowser even 2-stocking them and they stay but most Mega games they dip after 1-2 games or right after they swap to the reflector of choice
Haha, I've noticed this too! I often play as Link or Toon Link as my secondaries. Even though they are projectile heavy as well, I manage to get in more games with them before they quit or switch to a character with reflective abilities. Mega Man seems to bring out the worst in people.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
What I find funny is when they switch from someone who actually counters me to someone who they think counters me because he/she has a reflect move.

I have a WAY harder time against good Samuses and Lucarios (damn them and their ridiculous range and their almost ungimpable recoveries and their charge shots that can eat all of my projectiles at 1/2+ charge :crying:) than I do any of the reflect characters. So it's amusing when someone switches to Mario from Lucario thinking that they now have a greater advantage than they did before!

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Uuuugh I hate when people switch to Samus or Lucario. That **** is the absolute worst.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, when I see this I'll beat them once more with Megaman, then switch to Ganon and chain choke the **** out of them to show them it's not the projectiles that are causing the wins.

Surprisingly though, most of my straight up rage quits recently have been coming from Pacman... My Pacman's not even that great >.<

FatSlapper

Smash Rookie
Heh it's funny you mentioned this, and it's kinda ironic, but I'll beat someone with Rockman Theres a good chance I'm the one that changes to falco ( or Samus or charizard) to show it wasn't projectile "spam"... It's hilarious to see opponents that switch to characters with projectile reflectors abuse it and I'll eat all my projectiles but my Fsmash ;)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just purposely throw crash bombs at the reflectors then do combos off of the crash bomb that was stuck to me. It usually makes them not want to reflect too much after that happens a few times.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
That give me the pleasure of practicing Mega Man's melee game and mind-game game. I also get to show them the error of their ways.

D

Deleted member

I have never seen anyone do this however I have seen people who are just downright cheap.

sphenco

Smash Cadet
NNID
sphenco
3DS FC
5300-9746-7346
Often get called out for spamming... but have these guys ever played a Mega Man game? He doesn't exactly go around beating up his foes with his fists ha ha

GenG

Smash Lord
Against those I tend to Z-drop the metal blades and either hit them with fair or nair, or grab them. Leaf shields also help a lot to get those grabs. Then they forget using their reflectors and metal blades and crash bombs start flying again. Actually, Mega Man is a character whose projectile game is very mobile, assisting in close range, and doesn't kill if reflected. Only Charged Buster falls in the traditional category of static projectiles but no decent Mega Man is going to use this on a reflector character (it isn't even that useful).

I've seen people suiciding their last lives, writing "COWARD", "SCRUB" or "I OWNED YOU" (this one barely won a match out of 4) in their tags. The salt is real.

Then there are players that actually take the effort to play against Mega Man and improve with each match, sometimes winning and staying for more. I'll gladly play rematch as many times as you want.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Love it when people switch to reflector characters. I just fire a Crash Bomb, eat the bomb as it's reflected back, then grab them during the endlag on their reflector and throw the bomb back on them anyway.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
How come nobody seems to think Robin is a counter pick to Mega Man?
Robin players are pretty rare, so I haven't got much experience against them. The good ones I've met on Smashladder and For Glory haven't been much trouble. Not that they were easy or anything, but it didn't feel like an unfavorable MU.

What about Robin makes you think he/she counters MM?

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Yup! a lot of people (for me) switch to villager

Last edited:

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Happens to me just about every time I go on For Glory. Heck, sometimes people even switch to Mega Man to prove they can beat me with my own character whom they have no experience with.
I know right, but for me some of them are really good mega mans.

Last edited:

sphenco

Smash Cadet
NNID
sphenco
3DS FC
5300-9746-7346
I played a Luigi main and was beating them pretty good. They switch to Mario. First match I lose. Killing myself with my own charged shot thrown into my face.

The bait is set.

I go in the next match and win 2 stock . Next match I win 3 stock.

Hook line and sinker.

Guess they depended on reflecting projectiles they forgot Mega Man has mad al arround game.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Sadly im one of those Samus players...

But not really to be like ''OOHH LOOK. I GOT A BLASTY HAND TOO SON!''

More like '' GUN BATTLE MOTHER FLOWER PLUCKERS!!!!LETS!!!!''

I also like to switch to the CyanBlueYellow samus color so me and MegaMit Match^^

Last edited:

sphenco

Smash Cadet
NNID
sphenco
3DS FC
5300-9746-7346
When I play. Link or Tink I keep in mind that they are projectiles based. So I dont take offense. Same with vs Samus or any other shooters.

Mega Mans pellet game is alot of fun . Being able to cancel out so many other characters projectiles.

When I play mightier Mega Mains than myself I can understand the saltiness.

Just need to...git gud

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I know right, but for me some of them are really good mega mans.
Just fought yesterday against one dude. First match was palutena, i win. He goes to Fox, and is actually GOOD with him.
We played like 4 games MM vs Fox and he won all, but all were close matches, heck, the one where he was about to 2 stock me, i almost brought it back(over 100% if i remember correctly, ko'ed him and got him to high percent on his second stock as well) but he still won. And this is what i don't care about, if you actually know what to do with the character, pick him, i will gladly fight you to improve my game.

The problem, after that fourth game, he switches....to MM. I heard about this of people winning a lot against you and then picking your main to rub it in, but considering he didn't taunted once during those matches,all matches were close, i thought "ok, guess you can use MM as well".
Two stocked him, and it was pretty one-sided. I left after that cause he stayed MM, i don't think he wanted to prove anything cause he could've left after he beat me twice, let alone 4 times, but it still rubbed me the wrong way...

K-45

Smash Journeyman
This happens to me all the god dam time after I beat someone once they switched to a what they think is a counter characters or just to megaman. 95%of the time I win (except when they switch to samus.) If I lose I do one of 4 things dependingon the player.

1. I keep playing megaman to show what they thing is a counter pick puts them in a worse spot. And beat them repeatedly until they leave. (or if I get bored.)

2. If they think they need to play a high tier character to beat me I like to beat them with Wario and G&W.

3. If they are legit better then me I like to keep playing them and learn the match up.

4. If they switch to a spammer I just leave after I win. I'm so happy that megaman can deal with spammers really well.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
If they switch to a spammer I just leave after I win. I'm so happy that megaman can deal with spammers really well.
Yes! Mega Man does handle spammers really good!

Top Bottom