• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Fun: Things to do While Waiting for Smash 4

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Learn to program Brawl to include all the character you don't think will make it but really want.

Finish Xenoblade, Skyward Sword and any other games you got as the trophies will spoil 'em good.

Start speculating about Smash5 on the WiiV.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I'm going to try and beat the final boss in Fire Emblem Awakening before Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D comes out.

Oh and do some revision for upcoming exam and finish off any assignments I need to hand in of course.

By that time Smash 4 reveal should be pretty darn close then I hope.

Edit. Oh yeah and make some art too. I STILL need to do that Anna fan art goddarnit.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Halfway through Link's Awakening here, other than that I'm just playing Brawl to contain the hype, just like I did with Melee pre-Brawl's release.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm completing Golden Sun, and getting ready for the exams in June.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Watching all the Godzilla movies and like 20 TV series like always. 26th May is Arrested Development 4.
Also I should start studying for exams.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
Trying to solo que myself to Diamond rank in League of Legends.

Trying to prepare my soul JUST IN CASE Brawl4 comes out and has taken a turn for the worse, which it wont. It definitely wont.

.....it wont.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
My friends and I have started getting into Project M, which should last a good while.
Outside of Smash, I've started playing Dark Souls and the Metroid Prime series (I've never played them). I'm also looking to get into the Fire Emblem series. However, I'm not really sure which installment to start with. The Snes ones?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My friends and I have started getting into Project M, which should last a good while.
Outside of Smash, I've started playing Dark Souls and the Metroid Prime series (I've never played them). I'm also looking to get into the Fire Emblem series. However, I'm not really sure which installment to start with. The Snes ones?
Seeing as it's out for less than a year outside Japan, I'd say Fire Emblem: Awakening would be a good start.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Would I be missing out on anything story-related if I don't start with the earlier games?
Fire Emblem is like most RPGs: has non-linear sequels, so each game usually have different casts of characters. At best, there are two games that follow up each another, but the sequels usually explain enough backstory on the previous one.

For example Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to Path of Radiance, both games have Ike as the protagonist, but Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones follows a completely different cast in a different world.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
Fire Emblem is like most RPGs: has non-linear sequels, so each game usually have different casts of characters. At best, there are two games that follow up each another, but the sequels usually explain enough backstory on the previous one.

For example Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to Path of Radiance, both games have Ike as the protagonist, but Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones follows a completely different cast in a different world.
Gotcha, thanks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finish that Chrom moveset I promised a few days ago, for one.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Playing through Sacred Stones again, and I tried out that glitch that lets you control enemies/gain monster items. Pretty cool results, right now L'Archel and Lute both have a D in Dark Tomes.

I miss light magic....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Play those Uncharted games I picked up for cheap ages ago.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I really want to play Brawl, but I only have two friends that play the game, my other friends usually don't brawl with me due to the difference in skill (they're casual brawlers).
Playing brawl is limited now... SoI don't know if I should continue playing Skyward Swords or start raiding on World of Warcraft again. I'm pretty bored of League of Legends to be honest. Any good game suggestions?

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
I really want to play Brawl, but I only have two friends that play the game, my other friends usually don't brawl with me due to the difference in skill (they're casual brawlers).
Playing brawl is limited now... SoI don't know if I should continue playing Skyward Swords or start raiding on World of Warcraft again. I'm pretty bored of League of Legends to be honest. Any good game suggestions?
Guild Wars 2 was fun for a bit, I actually went back to breeding an all Eevee team on W&B that I think I'll do a run through with. The game boredom has gotten strong :ohwell:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Guild Wars 2 was fun for a bit, I actually went back to breeding an all Eevee team on W&B that I think I'll do a run through with. The game boredom has gotten strong :ohwell:
I used to EV train constantly, but I'm bored of Pokemon now aswell, hopefully Pokemon XY will bring back the hype. Concerning GW2 and any other MMORPG, I suggest that you play with friends, playing alone can get really boring. The only reason I casually play World of Warcraft now is because of my friends who still play hardcore.
If that didn't work out for you, try MOBA games such as League of Legends or DiabloIII, Smite is enjoyable as well.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
I used to EV train constantly, but I'm bored of Pokemon now aswell, hopefully Pokemon XY will bring back the hype. Concerning GW2 and any other MMORPG, I suggest that you play with friends, playing alone can get really boring. The only reason I casually play World of Warcraft now is because of my friends who still play hardcore.
If that didn't work out for you, try MOBA games such as League of Legends or DiabloIII, Smite is enjoyable as well.
I played with the same group of buddies through GW2 and did heroic raids in WoW up until Pandaria came out and I just lost interest, I am super stoked for X&Y, and I am attempting to get my way through to diamond in ranked solo que on LoL. Smite was a blast but my account got screwed up and I still haven't been able to recover it yet, but it is fun. And don't get me started on D3! Lol.

I basically rotate between SC5, LoL and occasionally GW2 when my buddies need me for instances or help with world completion.

I do suggest completing Skyward Sword, I really enjoyed it!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I played with the same group of buddies through GW2 and did heroic raids in WoW up until Pandaria came out and I just lost interest, I am super stoked for X&Y, and I am attempting to get my way through to diamond in ranked solo que on LoL. Smite was a blast but my account got screwed up and I still haven't been able to recover it yet, but it is fun. And don't get me started on D3! Lol.

I basically rotate between SC5, LoL and occasionally GW2 when my buddies need me for instances or help with world completion.

I do suggest completing Skyward Sword, I really enjoyed it!
To be honest, I'm taking a break from Zelda games in general because I just finished Ocarina of time again today. Anyways, if you play League of Legends on EU west servers then add me and we could play some games :)
Username: DemnaxXx

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Just started Galaxy 2...i dont really like...it...how this game got rated 10/10 only god knows...7/10 imo
I think you stated before that you're playing Ocarina of Time, have you finished the game yet?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think you stated before that you're playing Ocarina of Time, have you finished the game yet?
I have and Mahora keeps freezing...ugh...really like that game...im playing on the GC Collecters edition...i was reading up that Majora is bad on GC...constant frame rate drops...glitchy music when loading and freezing...and you know having your game freeze when playing a game like Majora or PSO is beyond ****ed....

Really wish i had Twilight for GC....

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I have and Mahora keeps freezing...ugh...really like that game...im playing on the GC Collecters edition...i was reading up that Majora is bad on GC...constant frame rate drops...glitchy music when loading and freezing...and you know having your game freeze when playing a game like Majora or PSO is beyond ****ed....

Really wish i had Twilight for GC....
I'd suggest playing Phantom hourglass, then follow it up with Spirit track. I really enjoyed those games.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'd suggest playing Phantom hourglass, then follow it up with Spirit track. I really enjoyed those games.
Already played/finished PH loved it that was my propa first zelda game i actually bought and finished.

Played spirit tracks got to the last boss and threw it in the bin...****ing hated that game...PH was wayyy better.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I decided to play a little Civilization. Turns out such a feat is impossible for mere mortals. I haven't missed the Smash 4 announcement have I?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The only thing that's holding me from playing most games is my Calculus exam on June 3rd... I'm just glad I'm getting it over with this year.

Top Bottom