• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Fun OR For Glory?

For Fun OR For Glory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly I have NO clue how m online time will split. But it's looking like there's a ton and a half too many items to have them all on, so Glory for meow.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

Neither. With Friends is the only online feature I'm interested in. For Fun is sure to become a taunt-party haven, even despite the regulations that will be in place. For Glory limits the player to essentially one stage (that isn't even the most balanced). I'd rather play with people I actually know, on my own terms, with whatever selection of stages, items, and settings we'd like.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I am definitely gonna do for glory. I really like how they are giving the option to choose between the two. Final Destination is the only stage I like and I really love how you can now ban taunt parties and you can battle people of the same skill. I believe he did mention that you could play 1v1 matches, so I will focus more on that.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
For Glory mostly, I'll go in For Fun sometimes since the new items and Assist Trophies actually look cool.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
For glory and FOR HYDRA!!

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
No 1v1 in for fun? Sorry but there aint nothin fun about a clusterf$#@. Stickin to for glory, but preferably ill make some friends on the wii u so i can just play how the f$#@ i want.

Renji64

Smash Lord
For Glory! and mostly friends for a better stage selection and fun times with items. People will ruin for fun some how xd.

It's going to be For Fun for me.

I appreciate the desire to test skill by disabling all random interference like items and stage obstacles, but I also think being able to adapt to spontaneity is an important part of Smash. Items and hazards being on still provides equal opportunity for all players, because all players have an equal chance of being owned by a wandering Bob-omb, or an equal chance of grabbing that hammer first.

And I'm not sure how I feel about "flat stage only" for Glory mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom