• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Shine and Ledge Shine Enjoy

WTFJ?

Smash Rookie
These are the newest techniques I found out myself.

1. Footstool Shine- unless theres a better name? I guess its this for what it is.
you can combine the footstool jump and shine together.So just jump on the opponents head and shine (down b) immediately. On the ground it both hits and it will either knock down or not depending on percentage due to Shine properties. Difficulty 3-4 just jump on their head and Footstool Shine on the ground

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R8l8ZJuJXt8

To EdgeGaurd with the Footstool Shine Spike is a lil harder you have to jump on their head and shine its pretty fast to do and you lose your 2nd jump due to footstool jumping then canceling it to a shine and also if you miss the footstool jump attempt then you better get back on the stage.
Difficulty id say 5-6 depends if you can footstool and know where your opponent is going so you can footstool them to a Shine Spike.

in the famous words of StarFox64- Good Luck

2. Ledge Shine- while hanging on the ledge you jump and immediately shine (down b) if your fast enough he doesnt jump and just gets on the stage with a Shine.... you can also do the jump the shine stall for hesitation then down drill to up smash or drill to grab or drill to punches, sex kick, forward air, up air if your high enough ect. mix it up a bit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PhtbYKzL1GI

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Finally! Somebody who realises just how cool the footstool jump really is! This is pretty much an unblockable shine.

Did you know that you can footstool jump off somebody at ground level too? Just get in really close to them and time both jumps so that you double-jump JUST as your character's feet is level with their head. The result is your character "climbing" the opponent, allowing you to use this as a sort of psudo-grab against people in their shields.

Oh, and are you sure that footstool jump cancels your second jump? I thought it didn't.

WTFJ?

Smash Rookie
yes you do due to your jump canceling to your shine from the footstool thats why after i footstool shine i follow where he is going to shine again and then firefox to the stage you cant jump after the footstool shine:urg:

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Really? Because I remember Yuna tested the FSJ and said that it doesn't use whatever jump you still had, so he said you could still use your second jump after an fsj so long as you hadn't used it before.

I guess they changed it from the JPN version.

WTFJ?

Smash Rookie
its because your footstool jump cancels to a shine so it uses up your 2nd jump while canceling it to a shine if you just footstooled and not do jump cancel to a shine then you would still have your 2nd jump still

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
The Ledge Shine is awesome and looks useful, but the Footstool Shine seems a bit too situational...

Good finds, though.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The Ledge Shine is awesome and looks useful, but the Footstool Shine seems a bit too situational...

Good finds, though.
Not if you do it up close to your opponent. An immediate fsj from the ground should only take about 7 or so frames to execute and goes right through a shield.

W2FJ, could you please get a video of the footstool shine done from an immediate fsj off the ground? Do it in slow motion if you have to. I'd like to be able to show people how useful this tactic could be.

You just go right up close to the opponent and hit jump twice really fast. Your character should "climb" the opponent and fsj off them.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, in that case, the Footstool Shine does seem a bit more useful. I don't how you could follow it up, though.

What do you think about the Footstool Shine SPIKE? That seems pretty situational to me...

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
ya footstoolshining off the edge seems kinda pointless because doesn't the spike from the footstool push them farther down then a shine?

JAC_Jose

Smash Rookie
No wonder i dont check out smash boards anymore....so many ridiculous ideas that never work :dizzy:

Valken

Smash Apprentice
Um... I think I'm a little confused. What's the advantage of Footstool Shinespiking someone as apposed to just Shinespiking them?

WTFJ?

Smash Rookie
point of the move is for flashinest, cause of how flashy fox was in melee. Yes you can just footstool them but to see a persons reaction of a footstool shine is of course an advance way to footstool and shinespike also, its like a 2 for 1 thing to do. Thats all it pretty much is. Im just saying I found a way it may sound like not something useful but it something fox can do extra its either you wanna use it or not. Im just putting it out there since no one has found it but me. I just want to show people what I find maybe to some people its useful for flashy type of people if not then oh well dont use it then. You can footstool there head and if they try to come back just follow where your opponent is going and shine them then, its your preference.

Vondill

Smash Rookie
2. Ledge Shine- while hanging on the ledge you jump and immediately shine (down b) if your fast enough he doesnt jump and just gets on the stage with a Shine.... you can also do the jump the shine stall for hesitation then down drill to up smash or drill to grab or drill to punches, sex kick, forward air, up air if your high enough ect. mix it up a bit.
I've tried this, didnt find it very useful, more situational than anything. Against a decent player, they probably wont be standing close enough to get hit by the shine (if you're going to go up with an attack you may aswell hit A, you're not going to suprise them with the jump animation if it doesnt even occur). And even if you do, the moment they see fox getting up if they're good they'll either immediately roll back and wait for your next move or shield/block and grab you. Lets say if worked perfectly and you hit them, how is it different from a normal A recovery?(which has longer range) Seems like a lot of trouble for little to no gain. And hasnt really worked successfully yet, even with perfect timing. It just seems like you're a lot more vulnerable while doing this.

Edit: Hey! I just realized your name is "WTFJ?" I remember seeing someone with that name in round 2 of the gamestop tourney in Glendora today, was that you? I remember commenting to my friends "it would be funnier if it was a G instead of J" even though that doesnt really make any sense lol.

WTFJ?

Smash Rookie
wtfj? the J is my first letter in my name but it doesnt matter that glendora event i didnt care as much as you noticed i left cause i didnt care for it besides my girls wanted to do other things haha so like I say Girls 1st then Brawl 2nd and besides items and stage and nunchuck control I wasnt feeling that and I won my tourney cause there was no items and its only battlefield. I mostly play tourney stats and events besides thats where I excel the best old school gamecube controller and with the ledge shine, I found alot of people when I taught them this they used it and really like it but i just showed that video when i barely discovered it so yes i wasnt perfectly doing it, but besides its just another thing you can do besides doing the regular get up attack, and I got my name because of if I beat someone they will always remember my tag name and say it with anger or in shock which is funny. :laugh: we should play tell me your brawl code or wii code and lets see if your good or hell ill go to your place or u go to my place and lets see whos better and ill show you how good that technique and others that I know haha if your up for the challenge?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Fox kind of got the short end of the stick here. You havn't seen anything until you've witnessed a Wario footstool jump to fart.

Vondill

Smash Rookie
wtfj? the J is my first letter in my name but it doesnt matter that glendora event i didnt care as much as you noticed i left cause i didnt care for it besides my girls wanted to do other things haha so like I say Girls 1st then Brawl 2nd and besides items and stage and nunchuck control I wasnt feeling that and I won my tourney cause there was no items and its only battlefield. I mostly play tourney stats and events besides thats where I excel the best old school gamecube controller and with the ledge shine, I found alot of people when I taught them this they used it and really like it but i just showed that video when i barely discovered it so yes i wasnt perfectly doing it, but besides its just another thing you can do besides doing the regular get up attack, and I got my name because of if I beat someone they will always remember my tag name and say it with anger or in shock which is funny. :laugh: we should play tell me your brawl code or wii code and lets see if your good or hell ill go to your place or u go to my place and lets see whos better and ill show you how good that technique and others that I know haha if your up for the challenge?
Yeah the rules wernt that hot but what are ya gonna do, ah well. Yeah I was the fox player that looked like a little kid I ended up winning round 2 and ive seen this video before hand but havnt found it that useful yet. It's really hard to time but I'm only using the wiimote until the tourny is over so I gotta stick with that. My round 1 was no items aswell except smashballs and only on FD. But yeah maybe we should smash it up often times my friends smash and play beer pong so maybe private msg me with your wii number or whatever info is needed and we can try somethin.

Top Bottom