• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool controls idea.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Well I am getting a friend into Project M and he wanted his footstool changed to the L trigger so he could use his control stick to land it easier. He hates that if he misses a footstools timing and lands he gets stuck in his taunt animation then punished. Which made me think of a possible change if possible.

This idea pertains to when footstool/taunt are set to the L or R trigger. I think that when you are grounded that when you light press(press halfway down) the L or R trigger that it shouldn't access the taunt. The taunt animation should only appear when you do a full press with either set trigger when grounded. But I think when you are in the air both the light press and full press should access the footstool. This would also eliminate an accidental L or R press when trying to shield when getting use to a single shield button. Any thoughts or input on this?

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
You can configure footstool to other buttons. You can't mix and match with the function a button has when. This is a simular suggestion to saying c stick on the ground shouldn't be smash attacks or tilts but instead be movement. or x should be jump except when you're in the air then it should be airdodge. It's doable to make it that way but it's a pain programming wise. And not worth it since onstage footstool is a bad option anyway.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
This...really shouldn't be an issue in the first place. Taunt inputs do nothing while airborne, and the footstools only work if airborne and right above your opponent. If your friend is taunting by accident, then that means he's pressing L while GROUNDED, at which time the error is on his part because he wouldn't have been able to footstool with that L input in the first place. Either he needs to learn to keep a lighter touch on the L button so he doesn't press it by accident, map it to another button that doesn't have an analog input like the triggers (the extra unused X/Y button is a popular choice...removing the analog input --> more intentional button presses count only), or if he's just pressing it super early/late....stop pressing it super early/late lol

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I kind of just wish footstool attempts had a white star flash around the character's feet. Even with a fail window, there's no indicator that the attack was attempted, unlike any other whiffed move in the game.

Top Bottom