• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Follow-ups for Bowser's release grabs?

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's mostly impossible to follow-up on any of Bowser's normal throws, but the question is, can you grab-jab someone and then chase them with a Fair, fortress or simply immediately firebreath?

Or is that futile and we're better off d-throw'ing or b-throwing off the stage?

I'll try it on some characters later today.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I believe grab release works on another Bowser. You can follow up with a dtilt and if he jumps out a fair but I'm not 100% certain.

I've never really tried grab release I mean I've done it a few and gotten punished for it so I quit doing it from that.

Bowser upthrow is a good follow up if you know what your doing. You can do a short fair then punish as he hits the ground due to them dodging the fair your get that hit when he lands.

downthrow is pretty good with firebreath. Try doing it then short hopping into a firebreath but if you see the opponent jumping after you down throw then follow up with a ftilt or fair.

I mostly just downthrow to firebreath myself. Works for me even if it misses I still have my space.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser jab->release then AA seems promising, if only against players that don't play against bowser often. The question is would you rather have the 12 damage from dthrow or the potential 10 damage and increased knockback.

I've haven't found anything that'll work on jump releases though.

Downthrow to firebreath will miss if the opponent DIs. Shorthopping a firebreath takes way too long, maybe it has uses against grounded characters.

Downthrow off a ledge then flame tickle though, that seems like a really neat way to screw their recovery, but I need more testing.

All being said, definitely stick to dthrow for lower %s

Top Bottom