• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Follow up on grabs?

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
On very early percent, what can you follow up after a certain throw. I'm not that very good at chain grabbing so I usually just throw and hit them.

DV8R001

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-4406-8453
On very early percent, what can you follow up after a certain throw. I'm not that very good at chain grabbing so I usually just throw and hit them.
I heavily recommend you practice chain-grabbing because that is really one of Marth's best tools, but u-tilt (sometimes f-tilt) on fastfallers at early-mid percents after u-throw works in most cases.

Last edited:

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
Could you be a bit more specific?

If you're playing against spacies, 0-30% chain grab. After 30, do utilt -> regrab, and make sure you follow the DI correctly. Then do that again, followed by an aerial string or a tipper fsmash.

Against floaties, use uthrow -> immediate fair string/uair juggle. You can also use fthrow -> dash attack to start an aerial string, whether it be a juggle or multiple fairs -> ken combo/PAL ken combo.

Against heavyweights, you don't have many options. Generally use fthrow/dthrow, and use those for tech chases? idk heavyweights very well.

Top Bottom