• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Fluff] Link's Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't see anything out of the ordinary here. I suppose you could say that his eyes look a bit... lifeless in the first two pics, but that's it. He looks normal in the 3rd one though.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
For me, the first two pictures look completely messed up, and the third picture just looks off for some reason.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not going to lie, the eyes are the reason I am not going to main him. It changes his entire aesthetic appeal, so I agree, they look weird.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Not only are his eyes messed up, his head shape is as well. He looks like a pudgy baby. It's gross.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I think the irises look a little unproportionally big, but it didn't bother me to be honest.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The problem is that he has the same exact face in all three pics despite the fact that he's preforming three different actions. Everything must be serious business for Link.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
And people say the Villager is an emotionless psychopath.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I didn't notice it at all, but after seeing this thread it's all I see when I look at him.:c

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't notice it at all, but after seeing this thread it's all I see when I look at him.:c
My sister is the same way (as am I). I was displeased with his design (solely based on his eyes) but my sister was content. So I was like, "seriously, stare at this eyes for a minute" and we compared his eyes to all others Links. Those repugnant eyes cannot be unseen.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Guys...his eyes are better than his previous games, at the least...except Melee. My point is, however, that there's nothing wrong with that. He's at least going to look better once you perform a spin attack.
Imagine him smiling, though...

Here are some images that will feel more welcoming towards people with the eyes:

Just sayin...

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Guys...his eyes are better than his previous games, at the least...except Melee. My point is, however, that there's nothing wrong with that. He's at least going to look better once you perform a spin attack.
Imagine him smiling, though...

Here are some images that will feel more welcoming towards people with the eyes:

Just sayin...
Thread about eyes. Picks all photos where eyes are very hard to see with only one eye per photo.

But ya the eyes are pretty weird.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Thread about eyes. Picks all photos where eyes are very hard to see with only one eye per photo.

But ya the eyes are pretty weird.
It's not that hard to see them on any computer screen. I'm trying to point out the eyes aren't as dead as they seem, and that the facial expressions do make the character seem better in obvious manners.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think the messed-up eyes were just a development problem. The newer pictures don't seem to have any problems.
Sorry. :p

Edit: Dang it.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The eyes aren't the problem. I think it's the nose and mouth that make him look so... plastic.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Why do I feel like I'm the only one that's happy with Link's cosmetic tweaks /:

Even Dark Link's eyes are insane looking

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Hyrule Warriors Link is sooooo much better. He looks good in Smash4 but can't compare to the glory of the scarf. I'm still hoping for a HW alt.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hyrule Warriors Link is sooooo much better. He looks good in Smash4 but can't compare to the glory of the scarf. I'm still hoping for a HW alt.
Possible, but DLC is more likely.

Spirst

You can see it in this image too. The facial expression indicates he's supposed to be in the middle of a fight and is intense but his eyes lack a proper fixation on something. It just doesn't feel very focused. In a way, it detracts from his overall emotional expression.

Last edited:

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
So, Villager's eyes vs Link's eyes. Which is more nightmare inducing?
Why do I feel like I'm the only one that's happy with Link's cosmetic tweaks /:

Even Dark Link's eyes are insane looking
Well... It works with Dark Link cause it's Dark Link.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
If I had to make a guess, I'd say that it's his eyebrows that are what make it seem off.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
For some reason his face looks much different in 3DS than in U... Like I know it's the DS but the shape of his head is completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom