• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLUDD makes Mario heavier?

Percon

Smash Lord
Well, think about it. What other reason would there be to keep it on Mario even when the attack is finished? I think that it just MIGHT make him marginally heavier for a brief period...

Thoughts?

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps while you're charging or using FLUDD, given Mario's hunched-over animation and your idea of the device weighing him down, it could be used as an extra, perhaps superior CC...maybe FLUDD could be some sort of CCC.

Super_Mario

Smash Rookie
I don't think that would be the use and main use for fludd. I mean it makes no sense. Fludd should be able to knock people back, or maybe be some kind of edge guard, or maybe make people slip when a puddle of water is created. Making Mario heavier because of fludd would make sense. Thats not the purpose of fludd at all. I like the idea of Mario becoming heavier all of a sudden though, to stop the knock back when you get hit. That would be cool.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that would be the use and main use for fludd. I mean it makes no sense. Fludd should be able to knock people back, or maybe be some kind of edge guard, or maybe make people slip when a puddle of water is created. Making Mario heavier because of fludd would make sense. Thats not the purpose of fludd at all. I like the idea of Mario becoming heavier all of a sudden though, to stop the knock back when you get hit. That would be cool.
Well, the Dojo update for FLUDD showed us that that's exactly the point of FLUDD; to push people away. That aspect has plenty of application as an edge guard, which makes me believe that the FLUDD wasn't finished at E4A, given Gimpy's description of it. The FLUDD, as far as the demo went, was useless, but it stands to reason that if a move exists it must be useful in some way (even Mario's Tornado in Melee has some use as an attack, which is what it was programmed for; we just happened to find a better use for it).

That said, consider this, then:

You hold Down+B, and somebody uses a dash attack. Weighed down by FLUDD and crouching, Mario goes nowhere, charging FLUDD all the while, and as the attack ends, before they can shield, you keep holding down but let go of B. Mario unleashes the water spray and sends them sailing away.

That's what I meant by use as a CCC.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure whether or not it affects your weight but it seems that it does make Mario slightly less floaty which helps speed up Mario's air game a bit.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
whoa! good question kidlat! Someone answerhim quick and send me a pm when you figure out cuase i wanna know

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've been trying do do that since I first used Mario. I simply assumed they took it out and forgot to update the Dojo.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I actually tested this awhile back and no it doesn't change your weight. Was a rough test but distance sent was same if the pack was still out, compared to before even charging it.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I've been testing Mario's falling speed and it does appear that while Mario has the F.L.U.D.D. pack on, regardless of how charged it is, makes Mario fall slightly faster than normal (Tested in 1/4 speed with normal jumps and aerials).

???????

Smash Journeyman
Not quite; just because Mario's falling speed is affected does not necessarily mean his weight is affected as well.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
couldn't the quicker fall be due to pushing down to initiate the attack, but horizontally it does not change distance you get launched.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I tested Mario's falling speed while the F.L.U.D.D. pack was on after using the F.L.U.D.D. (I used F.L.U.D.D. on the ground then performed a jump afterwards while the F.L.U.D.D. pack was still on), what you are referring to is fast falling which would not occur even if I had initiated the F.L.U.D.D. in the air unless I had inputted Down on the control stick outside the initial Down B input.

*I am talking about the time frame where Mario retains the F.L.U.D.D. pack after using the attack, not during it*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Huh, then this means against vertical killer guys you should charge FLUDD a lot. Fall speed saves you from vertikills.

Top Bottom