• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Panhandle Brawlfest: Go For Broke! Tallahasee, FL (SSBB) (August 30th 2008)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Come join us for Tallahassee's largest Smash Brothers Tournament, Come prove your skill in the North Florida Section in a Double Elimination Cash Pot tournament. FOr those of you who are interested, here is the location:

Fortress Games and Computing
Address: 1510-1 Capital Circle SE
Tallahassee, Florida, United States

FOR ANY QUESTIONS: PLEASE CALL ME (386)-847-2728 (BEST WAY TO GET TOURNEY INFORMATION)

THERE WILL BE BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES TOURNAMENT

IF YOU COULD PLEASE PRE_REGISTER SO I KNOW IF I NEED THE EXTRA SPACE TO RENT OUT!

$10 entry fee for singles
$20 entry fee for each Team
Tournament starts at 2pm (please try ot arrive 15-20 minutes early for signups)
for any questions call (386)-847-2728 Ask for Drew
Warmups will start at 2om
Singles will Start at 3pm
DOubles will Start at 4pm
It will be possible to run congruently if need be.

Let me know if you wish to come, the rules are as follows:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Singles and Doubles Rules

·Players will select one character at the start of the tournament, the player must start each round with this character, however players may change characters after the first match of that round

·Rounds will consist 2/3 matches double elimination bracket
·The final rounds will consist of 3/5 matches
·All playable Characters are legal
·Controllers will be provided, however to use one of the tourney controllers you must provided photo id and leave it at the desk and your id will be returned to you at the end of the tournament
·Entry fees are non refundable
·Gamecube Controllers, Wiimotes and Wiimote + Nunchucks will be available.

·After the 1st match of the round ends,, both players will say a stage that cannot be picked for the remainder for the round to be selected as a counter pick.
·If the loser of the 1st match wins the 2nd match, then the 3rd match will proceed the same way, except for the declaration of the banned stage.
·Items are to be turned off
·Time Limit of 7 minutes will be set
·Once the Stages have been picked, the winner will pick a new character or stick with their current character, the loser will then pick their character

·Legal Neutral stages are as follows and are to be set to random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s island (Brawl Version), Lylat Cruise, Smashville,

·Legal Counterpick stages are as follows: Skyworld, Castle Seige, Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Battleship Halberd, , Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium, Great Sea, Luigi’s Mansion, Delfino Plaza

·Banned Stages are as follows: New Pork City, Pokemon Stadium 2, Mario Bros, 75m, Mario Circuit, Port City Aero Dive, Big Blue, Green Hill Zone,, Shadow Moses Island, Pictochat, Flatzone 2, Hannebrow, Mushroomy Kingdom, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Rumble Falls, Onett, Yoshi’s Island (Melee version), Hyrule Temple, The Summit, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet

·Custom Controls will be allowed, Provided that you show up early enough to set them up and it comes at a first come, first serve basis

For Doubles SHARE STOCK is allowed

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
for those of you who have any questions or plan to attend this tournament, let me know.
either post here or email me at
Panhandle_Brawlfest@yahoo.com

For some of the obvious questions:

There are initially 5 stations set up for gameplay, more are available if needed.
All TVs are CRT not HD
For those of you who are out of town and wish to come, there is a Days Inn across the street
from the location.
If you have any detailed questions please let me know.
THere is plenty of Food and Drink at the location so bring an appetite as well as your smash skills

Acownz

Smash Rookie
I'll probably be there. I'm moving back to tally in the next couple days, and I don't know anyone who plays brawl there. Where do you guys usually play friendlies and what not? I assume you go to FSU or TCC? I made a thread asking about the Tallahassee scene.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189236

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Well you're more than welcome to join us. We do practice tournaments and friendlies on Thursdays at the same venue, not to mention im always inviting people over to my place for smash, we'd be more than happy to have you there, just let me know, give me a call or something, ill be able to introduce you to all the smashers in town! I go to FSU, just call the number in this thread and let me know when your going to be in town and ill hook you up and get you playing smash in no time!

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
its the day before the tournament people, just putting out the last word

Top Bottom