• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaty problems

Goob121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goob121
So I am struggling with floaty matchups. I don't know how to combo them. I have been thinking about it and I think I may switch to Falcon for these matchups as i feel like I play better against them. Any advice???

TIN0

Smash Cadet
NNID
FarmingEIAS
3DS FC
1907-8613-7842
falcon is super good against floatys but you can just stay falco and laser/dashdance pressure to make them come in and quick pillar or nair combo. uptilt and downtilt is super good against floatys and you could also do weak bairs. if I play falco against a floaty, I normally low percent pillar into a downthrow uptilt or downtilt at around 40% then nair/bair them and maybe even first hit uair. because they are floaty, you don't have to be super quick about your movements and you are able to use laser a lot more. I hope this helped.

_Wumbo_

Smash Rookie
Falco does well in the floaty match-ups, but you need to go into them with a different mindset than non-floaty match-ups. Normally, Falco is looking for that one opening that is going to lead to a massive combo, but against floaties you are mostly only going to get 2 or 3 piece combos. Falco can pretty much control the neutral if you can effectively use all of the different laser heights (low, high, full hop, instant double jump, etc.) as well as mix up your timing well enough. Falco doesn-t edgeguard floaties as well as he does other characters because of their ability to drift around offstage as well as the risk Falco puts himself at offstage, so be more creative with your kill options. Try to catch a bad roll/dash dance with dtilt. You can also use jab -> bair to get kills fairly reliably.

Top Bottom