• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaties help

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
So almost nobody in my scene plays floaties like puff or peach( there's only 2 really good people with those characters)
As a result, I don't know what to do against floaties. Any tips?

Pazukunous

Smash Rookie
For Peach she will most like float over your lasers and land a fair to a couple jabs, so you gotta play really defensive and read when you can do your most optimal out of shield option. Damage her up with lasers and spaced bairs and nairs and if you're playing yoshis or something, try going to the basic pillars to lead to a shine off the top.

Falco's Dtilt is a crazy good kill move for peach, kills at 110% on Final Dest. and like 90 on yoshis (I think). So mix up a laser approach to land a dtilt or jab tilt or something.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I don't have much experience vs floaties, but honestly, just watching PPMD play floaties is actually super amazing.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
So almost nobody in my scene plays floaties like puff or peach( there's only 2 really good people with those characters)
As a result, I don't know what to do against floaties. Any tips?
One big misconception about floaties is that u play them all the same. The biggest similarity is that u should focus on holding centre stage against both peach and puff. U might have a desire to laser camp them but its actually not very good. Every time laser (especially vs puff) its an opportunity to hit u without u ccing. Unlike fox u are not fast enough to run away after a laser, so its good to pay attention as to why u want to laser.

Hedgehog_

Smash Cadet
i have tried an agressive approach on floaties but dash back/wavedash back/CC/shielding are really annoying. i think im just going to laser camp and top platform camp now or at least try to approach less since those characters thrive on you approaching them

Last edited:

SAUS

Smash Ace
For Peach she will most like float over your lasers and land a fair to a couple jabs, so you gotta play really defensive and read when you can do your most optimal out of shield option. Damage her up with lasers and spaced bairs and nairs and if you're playing yoshis or something, try going to the basic pillars to lead to a shine off the top.
Peach's fair is +4 on shield! Fair jab is literally a block string. Against Peach, as any character, you never want to shield her float-canceled aerials. Other than dair, they are all +3 or +4. They can d-smash well before even your shine OOS comes out - in fact, she can grab before you can put any hit boxes out at all (as in you have to roll or spot dodge). If peach is floating above your lasers, you can use movement and eventually run under her. Center stage is super important for you in the matchup because you need room to evade the float canceled aerials without shielding.

Peach can actually be edge guarded fairly easily. Random invincible dairs and sudden DJ bairs can intercept her recovery from safe positions. If she gets to the ledge, she actually has almost no options to get back on stage nicely. You can abuse this by using f-throw to keep her off stage as well.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Peach's fair is +4 on shield! Fair jab is literally a block string. Against Peach, as any character, you never want to shield her float-canceled aerials. Other than dair, they are all +3 or +4. They can d-smash well before even your shine OOS comes out - in fact, she can grab before you can put any hit boxes out at all (as in you have to roll or spot dodge). If peach is floating above your lasers, you can use movement and eventually run under her. Center stage is super important for you in the matchup because you need room to evade the float canceled aerials without shielding.

Peach can actually be edge guarded fairly easily. Random invincible dairs and sudden DJ bairs can intercept her recovery from safe positions. If she gets to the ledge, she actually has almost no options to get back on stage nicely. You can abuse this by using f-throw to keep her off stage as well.
Adding on to this, some members of the Falco Discord went over to the Peach Discord so we could lab both sides of the MU with good input from the other side. If Peach is floating above laser height and you can move in on her properly, she can ONLY get a TRADE off of a well-spaced Falco utilt if she hits with the last few frames of a retreating fair. Carefully pushing her space when she floats above lasers is a legitimate tactic, and spaced bairs do a lot, too.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Yo thanks for dropping in saus! I'll try these methods of edgeguarding in my next set against a local peach main

Top Bottom