• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm conf!town now.
Getting a little bit ahead of yourself here.

Is there a particular reason that you made this vote?
How do you feel about Raxxel's entrance? Is your vote there justified?

Maybe I'm just impatient but I want to see some waggons forming. I still like turbo lynching the new guy, gets a potential problem slot out of the way.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Please answer my question.
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Pythag Pythag
Going pretty fresh out of playing with me in Sorcerer's, how much do you intend to rely on self-meta in order to gauge me?
Z25 Z25 and UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin This question applies to you two as well.
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Do you always suggest to lynch the new guy if there is one? I'm curious since while the mindset itself is town imo (we don't want a weak, inexperienced slot in lylo), it DOES of course make the game and community a bit less accessible to newcomers.

Pokechu Pokechu Can I see a game where you and GLG played together? Preferably one where you had a scum slot.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Please answer my question.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Do you always suggest to lynch the new guy if there is one? I'm curious since while the mindset itself is town imo (we don't want a weak, inexperienced slot in lylo), it DOES of course make the game and community a bit less accessible to newcomers.

Pokechu Pokechu Can I see a game where you and GLG played together? Preferably one where you had a scum slot.
I wouldn’t call that a total town mindset.
Newbies can still understand the game and play well. Your a perfect example of that.

So I wouldn’t say it’s great to lynch a newbie if they were playing well enough. That’s just unfair and still a bad loss for to win if there’s better options in that situation.

Now if it is someone playing like Mambo last game and trolling. Then yes they are good candidates for a lynch as a newbie. Not if the newbie is actually actively engaged and playing with good intent.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Raxxel’s questions kinda seems to be asking everyone how he should be playing.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I wouldn’t call that a total town mindset.
Newbies can still understand the game and play well. Your a perfect example of that.

So I wouldn’t say it’s great to lynch a newbie if they were playing well enough. That’s just unfair and still a bad loss for to win if there’s better options in that situation.

Now if it is someone playing like Mambo last game and trolling. Then yes they are good candidates for a lynch as a newbie. Not if the newbie is actually actively engaged and playing with good intent.
I agree and disagree. While I see your point that there is value in keeping a newbie if they're playing well enough, and that there are better priorities for who should be lynched, if we're to approach this from a hardcore "I want to win this no matter what" mindset, keeping someone inexperienced till Lylo as opposed to someone of the skill level of say, Ran, seems unoptimal. I think you citing me as an example ironically proves this point, as in my first forum mafia game, I made it to lylo and then voted way too soon, costing town the match. Scum WANTS players who are vulnerable to mistakes like that.
Raxxel’s questions kinda seems to be asking everyone how he should be playing.
Why would I ask you guys and not my scummate in private, who, unless they're Zest, would likely be experienced enough to give me advice?
Always? No.

I don't really care lol

If Zesto can't stand up for themselves it's better to get rid of them now than let them bob along to Lylo.
This is fair, though your wording ("turbo-lynching") made it sound like we should be in a rush to kill them without any real trial.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I agree and disagree. While I see your point that there is value in keeping a newbie if they're playing well enough, and that there are better priorities for who should be lynched, if we're to approach this from a hardcore "I want to win this no matter what" mindset, keeping someone inexperienced till Lylo as opposed to someone of the skill level of say, Ran, seems unoptimal. I think you citing me as an example ironically proves this point, as in my first forum mafia game, I made it to lylo and then voted way too soon, costing town the match. Scum WANTS players who are vulnerable to mistakes like that.

Why would I ask you guys and not my scummate in private, who, unless they're Zest, would likely be experienced enough to give me advice?

This is fair, though your wording ("turbo-lynching") made it sound like we should be in a rush to kill them without any real trial.
This is a fair point. I wasn’t trying to say keep them to lylo but just lynching them to lynch day one isn’t always the best move

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.2

1. Maven: Pokechu
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun
3. Raxxel
4. Z25: Pythag
5. Giraffelasergun: Raxxel, UtopianPoyzin
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary: ZestofLife
9. ZestofLife: Kary

Not Voting
Maven, Z25;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
Fixed Vote Count. (Maven unvoted)

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
How do you feel about Raxxel's entrance? Is your vote there justified?

Maybe I'm just impatient but I want to see some waggons forming. I still like turbo lynching the new guy, gets a potential problem slot out of the way.

My Vote's on UP Right now. Raxxel's opening post was a joke about him and UP being scum buddies, and I'm interpreting it as a joke but saying Rax and UP are scum buddies as a joke for it to be true in the log run. The line of questioning being about how people will read him based off of the last game did seem to be self preservation at first until he explained it, but I think self preservation seems to be a common thing for newbies to do regardless of alignment. More experienced players know that being defensive without pressure comes across as scummy.

UP's opening seems to be mostly jokes/improper use of statistics so far so It's a bit null to me. I don't like it when players feel the need to say they're town, even if it is a joke so I'm going to remember that part.

I would want to see ZestofLife post more before we decide to lynch them. They asked about how our meta compares which leads me to believe they are experienced. Are you worried about they're experience in regards to your lylo fear, or is it more that you want players in lylo that you feel you can Meta read better?

Z25 Z25 Who is your biggest scum read right now? If you don't feel like a player is scum who is the player you're reading as least town?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My Vote's on UP Right now. Raxxel's opening post was a joke about him and UP being scum buddies, and I'm interpreting it as a joke but saying Rax and UP are scum buddies as a joke for it to be true in the log run. The line of questioning being about how people will read him based off of the last game did seem to be self preservation at first until he explained it, but I think self preservation seems to be a common thing for newbies to do regardless of alignment. More experienced players know that being defensive without pressure comes across as scummy.

UP's opening seems to be mostly jokes/improper use of statistics so far so It's a bit null to me. I don't like it when players feel the need to say they're town, even if it is a joke so I'm going to remember that part.

I would want to see ZestofLife post more before we decide to lynch them. They asked about how our meta compares which leads me to believe they are experienced. Are you worried about they're experience in regards to your lylo fear, or is it more that you want players in lylo that you feel you can Meta read better?

Z25 Z25 Who is your biggest scum read right now? If you don't feel like a player is scum who is the player you're reading as least town?
The thing with Rax and Utopian though I’d wager is more a joke. Last game they both started as scum and the roles got rerolled they were still scum. Which everyone thought was funny so their post is likely a nod to that. I don’t think it’s meaning anything as of right now.

as for my reads. I don’t have anyone as scum yet, but pokechu and zest I am not convinced on yet. Would like to see more from both. Zest is second because they are new so I could understand the potential struggle of adjusting to these games. That’s not an excuse though either way. Pokechu is always a hard read though and right now I’m 50/50 on them

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
My Vote's on UP Right now.
아~ 그렇구나
잘못 읽어서 미안해요

I would want to see ZestofLife post more before we decide to lynch them. They asked about how our meta compares which leads me to believe they are experienced. Are you worried about their experience in regards to your lylo fear, or is it more that you want players in lylo that you feel you can Meta read better?
I feel like this game becomes a lot simpler to solve when I don't have this slot that's a total unknown floating around. And I'm having a kind of nostalgia for when we lynched first and asked questions later. Even if Zesto has some experience playing mafia that doesn't mean they're actually going to be useful to town or be able to show their towniness.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1.2

1. Maven: Pokechu
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun
3. Raxxel
4. Z25: Pythag
5. Giraffelasergun: Raxxel, UtopianPoyzin
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary: ZestofLife, Maven
9. ZestofLife: Kary

Not Voting
Z25;
ranmaru ranmaru votecount is wrong brah

My vote on Kary is because I had real trouble believing she thought I was legitimately claiming a role in my confirmation post. Her follow up explained it enough that the vote isn’t warranted. Unvote

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Pythag Pythag
Going pretty fresh out of playing with me in Sorcerer's, how much do you intend to rely on self-meta in order to gauge me?
Probably not much? I don't understand your question so that's what you're going to get from me.

Raxxel did you roll scum again? Sucks if you did...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Do you always suggest to lynch the new guy if there is one? I'm curious since while the mindset itself is town imo (we don't want a weak, inexperienced slot in lylo), it DOES of course make the game and community a bit less accessible to newcomers.
Zest is clearly an experienced player. Never met them, but I'd reckon they're a MafiaScum vet.

Just kidding, that's not a reckon. They stated that's where they came from.

Pokechu Pokechu Pokechu Pokechu Can I see a game where you and GLG played together? Preferably one where you had a scum slot.
Here

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Thanks for addressing the WIFOM of your own posts within 24 hours

(My posts don't count because I'm town :shades:)

This might be a bit nit picky, but the chance of you being scum this game is independent of the fact that you've been scum for the past six games. The probability of you being scum is still the same as everyone else this game.

Lol the Law of Averages is universally recognized as a logical fallacy thanks for keeping me serious here :/

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The thing with Rax and Utopian though I’d wager is more a joke. Last game they both started as scum and the roles got rerolled they were still scum. Which everyone thought was funny so their post is likely a nod to that. I don’t think it’s meaning anything as of right now.
Nah fam my boy Rax and I are scum again but he gave away the team D1 :mad:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Thanks for addressing the WIFOM of your own posts within 24 hours

(My posts don't count because I'm town :shades:)

Lol the Law of Averages is universally recognized as a logical fallacy thanks for keeping me serious here :/

AH sorry didn’t mean to be the fun police!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because asking your scummate in private doesn't do anything for trying to make you look townie to the town?

Is there a particular reason that you made this vote?
I noticed he didn't have a vote on him, so I provided him with one.

I feel like this game becomes a lot simpler to solve when I don't have this slot that's a total unknown floating around. And I'm having a kind of nostalgia for when we lynched first and asked questions later. Even if Zesto has some experience playing mafia that doesn't mean they're actually going to be useful to town or be able to show their towniness.
sure you're not just eager to have a new member in the HBC?

I don't like it when players feel the need to say they're town, even if it is a joke so I'm going to remember that part.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. It always pings me SUPER hard, but I never know what to do with it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk what you mean
Do you guys accept new applicants? I want to be a member of the Hard Body Crew!! How do you join?

Should be replying to other posts soon™️ thanks UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin for linking Raxxel to that uPick game for me!! will answer your question soon

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also how is the meta generally here? Is it like MS?
Zest is clearly an experienced player. Never met them, but I'd reckon they're a MafiaScum vet.

Just kidding, that's not a reckon. They stated that's where they came from.
I can't get over how much you're simply fabricating information out of thin air.
Simply mentioning a website doesn't make someone an veteran player.
Misrepresenting the game state doesn't help town.

Do you guys accept new applicants? I want to be a member of the Hard Body Crew!! How do you join?
If you act as my doublevote this game I can put in a good word for you.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And before you say something to the effect of "two games not being many", they have played across many mafia forums (Smogon, Mafia451), and MS is simply one of them. I would typically fetch some examples, but I am REALLY not inclined to do the legwork for Kary especially when the information is readily available.

I'm not sure what your objective is for portraying Zest to be a policy-lynch noob because of some godforsaken reason that only you know.

Cheers

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And before you say something to the effect of "two games not being many", they have played across many mafia forums (Smogon, Mafia451), and MS is simply one of them. I would typically fetch some examples, but I am REALLY not inclined to do the legwork for Kary especially when the information is readily available
I've decided I'm not going to invade Zest's privacy anymore so I'll leave it be. Of course I already saw the userpage when I made my post. They played two games recently there.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Raxxel's opening post was a joke about him and UP being scum buddies, and I'm interpreting it as a joke but saying Rax and UP are scum buddies as a joke for it to be true in the log run.
Can you clarify this a little? I think I agree with everything else you’re saying in your bigger post, but I don’t think I get what you’re saying in this sentence

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Can you clarify this a little? I think I agree with everything else you’re saying in your bigger post, but I don’t think I get what you’re saying in this sentence
It's basically saying that Raxxel and I are potential scumbuds, and are using this joke on D1 as a utility to appeal to later. It would make it seem like we are less likely to be scumbuds together because it was casually addressed as a joke, which dissuades the relationship. In addendum, GLG is justifiably nervous that this setup could lead to a scenario happening later on where Raxxel says "Why would I call attention to ourselves (Poyzin and I) as a pairing early game?"

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This game really feels sluggish. I really felt that this game ought to be easy but nothing is happening.

Vote: Raxxel

somehow this guy has zero votes on him.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who's entrance into this game was your favorite and why?
I don’t get what you mean by favorite, like, maven’s was the funniest to me, but Kary was the clearest to read imo. An unknown slot makes the puzzle harder to solve.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, why do entrances matter so much UP? Have you seen them matter a lot in the past?

Top Bottom