• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Can you clarify this a little? I think I agree with everything else you’re saying in your bigger post, but I don’t think I get what you’re saying in this sentence
Basically, I know that Raxxel is joking by saying he and Utopian are scum buddies, but town or scum raxxel could be making that post. I would not use that post as an indicator to UP's alignment if we get a Raxxel flip.

I don't like that Zest has only made one post. I'd be fine with lynching them today if they don't get more active. I want to see Maven's case on Raxxel. Also want Pokechu to post on other things like he promised. Do people have hobbies outside of mafia? That's not allowed.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
uhhhh you wanna fill me in here boss, seems like a pretty quick 180

I didn’t agree with your desire to lynch them because they were new. I understand your logic behind wanting to do it, but I feel like it’s a lame reason to make a day one Lynch. However, we’re over 60 hours into the phase and they’ve only posted once. Unless they turn that around, I don’t want to play with someone that’s made 10 whole posts the entire game when we’re on day 4

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I didn’t agree with your desire to lynch them because they were new. I understand your logic behind wanting to do it, but I feel like it’s a lame reason to make a day one Lynch. However, we’re over 60 hours into the phase and they’ve only posted once. Unless they turn that around, I don’t want to play with someone that’s made 10 whole posts the entire game when we’re on day 4
then how do you feel about them being replaced?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votecount 1.3

1. Maven: Pokechu
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun
3. Raxxel: Kary
4. Z25: Pythag
5. Giraffelasergun: Raxxel, UtopianPoyzin
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary: ZestofLife
9. ZestofLife

Not Voting
Maven, Z25;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I want to hear Mavens case too since he's definitely the first to have really made a scumread this game.

Anyway, Vote: UP.

A lot of the humor from this slot feels forced. I don't enjoy their entrance of once again asking Kary to solve the game for them, and I feel like their point about the improbability of them being scum was a genuine attempt at having people dissuaded at the notion, and they only backed down once called out. They're not doubling down on anything in general.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Please, the Law of Averages states that I can't be anti-town 7 rolls in a row. That's why I have already self voted and repeated the post that Kary hated the most last game, to prove how scummy I am.

But maybe it was all an illusion?
I want to hear Mavens case too since he's definitely the first to have really made a scumread this game.

A lot of the humor from this slot feels forced. I don't enjoy their entrance of once again asking Kary to solve the game for them, and I feel like their point about the improbability of them being scum was a genuine attempt at having people dissuaded at the notion, and they only backed down once called out. They're not doubling down on anything in general.
Lmao the page I linked was an article about the fallacy I know very well how probability works my guy

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don’t get what you mean by favorite, like, maven’s was the funniest to me, but Kary was the clearest to read imo. An unknown slot makes the puzzle harder to solve.
Your favorite clearly should be the one that gives you the most town-tickles.

In fact I have, but whyja to deflect an honest question?
Whyja try to*

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Lmao the page I linked was an article about the fallacy I know very well how probability works my guy
This is why phone mafia is not a good idea.

Still, I feel comfortable keeping my vote on you at the moment.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Maven89 Maven89 I suppose questioning your judgment is a moot point since you're drunk, but regardless, why not just keep the vote on me? Or do you actually have a reason to vote for Pythag as well? I'd be surprised if so given you liked his post that I assume plays into some of the reasoning you have for your read on me at the moment.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
In fact I have,
How?

but whyja to deflect an honest question?
I mean, I thought I answered the question?

Maven's was funniest, Kary's was strongest (or strongest town feel to me, if you prefer).

Is doubling down seen as a townie trait to you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ZestofLife has replaced out, they are being replaced.

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
How?

I mean, I thought I answered the question?

Maven's was funniest, Kary's was strongest (or strongest town feel to me, if you prefer).

Yes, very much so. If you're constantly folding every time someone challenges a point or decision you've made, it shows you lack any real conviction towards what you're doing, and that you don't believe in what you say. Confidence is an important trait in a town player in general, l'm far more willing to trust someone who holds their own opinions and doesn't budge on them easily than someone who just rides wagons and shares an opinion with the majority of players.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With zesto being replaced and not much going on, I’m voting with my other guy read for now:

Vote: pokechu

They haven’t been prodded but they haven’t really posted. Makes it feel like an initial move then by them imo

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
With zesto being replaced and not much going on, I’m voting with my other guy read for now:

Vote: pokechu

They haven’t been prodded but they haven’t really posted. Makes it feel like an initial move then by them imo
I've made 8 posts so far. Not great! But this post here is your 11th (and this one I'm making is my 9th). My activity isn't that low, but go off throwing stones in a glass house :woman::woman: files nails and gets my imaginary backup girls to go "ON PERIOD POOH" and "MHM SIS" like this is a high school sitcom

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu , when it pertains to mafia, what is your opinion over the ideology (that either faction can utilize) of "the ends justify the means"?
"We have no choice but to eliminate those who cling to [those] unreasonable ideas of justice." Edelgard, 2019

Truthfully, the ideology doesn't make sense because there is no feasible "mean", aside from winning. Which, winning should never be your sole mean because there's much to mafia than that (such as making good plays, forging bonds, getting better). There's no motive to play if either side is constantly trying to see what they can get away with, solely to win. Where's the fun in that? Like if someone gets accused and they suddenly bust down sobbing into tears and making AtE so they don't get any votes. Honey you can save your own time AND mine!!!!

Winning's not a real mean. So without the mean, what do the ends justify?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I feel like this game becomes a lot simpler to solve when I don't have this slot that's a total unknown floating around. And I'm having a kind of nostalgia for when we lynched first and asked questions later. Even if Zesto has some experience playing mafia that doesn't mean they're actually going to be useful to town or be able to show their towniness.
Shouldn't this apply to people you're familiar with as well? Even if anyone you have experience reading is playing, it doesn't mean they'll be useful in this specific game or be able to show you that they're town this time around, no? Why does this only applies to the new kid on the block?

Your offer to be your doublevote this game is tempting, though Embarrass

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
"We have no choice but to eliminate those who cling to [those] unreasonable ideas of justice." Edelgard, 2019

Truthfully, the ideology doesn't make sense because there is no feasible "mean", aside from winning. Which, winning should never be your sole mean because there's much to mafia than that (such as making good plays, forging bonds, getting better). There's no motive to play if either side is constantly trying to see what they can get away with, solely to win. Where's the fun in that? Like if someone gets accused and they suddenly bust down sobbing into tears and making AtE so they don't get any votes. Honey you can save your own time AND mine!!!!

I guess you could expand the "mean" to things like info lynches but when those kinds of moves go wrong the whole town sitting there looking dumb LMAO :joyful:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

The end is winning. The means are the strategies and gambits utilized to get there. I figured I'd ask you some philosmafical questions in the meantime while waiting for the game to get underway. You feel?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I guess you could expand the "mean" to things like info lynches but when those kinds of moves go wrong the whole town sitting there looking dumb LMAO :joyful:
That is exactly what I mean by the means.

I think this is the first time in ages where it has been just you and me online in a mafia game

...do you want to make the first move? Embarrass

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Shouldn't this be a given? :laugh: Is it not seen as a townie trait to you? I concur with Raxxel, if someone's not doubling down then they don't have the conviction that a town player should have.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've made 8 posts so far. Not great! But this post here is your 11th (and this one I'm making is my 9th). My activity isn't that low, but go off throwing stones in a glass house :woman::woman:files nails and gets my imaginary backup girls to go "ON PERIOD POOH" and "MHM SIS" like this is a high school sitcom
Funny that you show up after not being here for almost two days when a vote is placed on you.

And by your own post I’ve still been more active then you. There are all if 4 pages in this thread, 3 technically as day one didn’t really get going till page 2.

So by that logic everyone is on lower activity as the threads been moving slow.

So that doesn’t really change my perspective here. It’s very interesting how you waited until a vote showed up to post again however

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu , you're voting for Maven iirc, yet you seem to have been rubbed the wrong way by Z25's reasoning of you only making 9 posts. Did that post effect your previous read on Z25?
It has!! I was going to respond to everything else I found interesting and then get back to Z because I feel like no matter what I say now, it'll be seen as me squirming and going OMGUS!!!!!! LMAO

But I do find it strange how his main reason to vote me was because of my activity, when his isn't much better. This is combined with other players having less activity (I don't recall Maven saying much of substance, he still hasn't made his post over Raxxel), and Z also hasn't commented much on the two players receiving what seems like the most attention right now, you and Raxxel. Z just put his vote on me and left. I don't blame him! LOL I want to do that too at times! But I don't think it's a good look. For someone concerned about post he could be making more of his own, and he's doing the exact thing he's voting me for, isn't he? (popping in and leaving)

I won't do a hipshot and say "HE'S SCUM!" because this isn't enough for that. But it is moments like these when I'm reminded why I find him hard to read!!! :joyful:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Funny that you show up after not being here for almost two days when a vote is placed on you.

And by your own post I’ve still been more active then you. There are all if 4 pages in this thread, 3 technically as day one didn’t really get going till page 2.

So that doesn’t really change my perspective here. It’s very interesting how you waited until a vote showed up to post again however
Coincidence, get over it.

Poyzin
Pythag
Maven
Kary

ZestofLife
Pokechu

Raxxel
Z25
Giraffelasergun

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

There's a difference between showing up and ghosting. I'm in the thread now making valid observations and comments. That shows that despite being away for some time, I still kept my eye on the thread and brainstormed what I would say. However, still, your only argument against me is "I'm still more active than you!" (which, with my latest flurry of posts, you aren't) and "you only showed up when I voted!" (which, I live in Central. It's 1 PM. Saturday. First day of spring break, which is the only reason why I said I'd join.) If you think those two things are enough to form a read, you're wrong. Comment on Raxxel for me, has your read of him changed? Last time I was here was the last time you said anything about him.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll put out some of the hot tea and say I'm OK with both Poy and Raxxel right now. I haven't played with Raxxel but their questions just seemed to be a way to get discussion. Like if he hadn't been asking those questions and getting people talking, what would we be conversing over right now?

And Poy seems like his usual self. I'm biased because he's willing to tolerate my antics LOL but I don't understand why people are voting him. I guess since I'm fine with both, at this moment I'd say Raxxel (can I call you T-Rax?) and Poy is TvT but I'm trying to do a reread of all of their posts. Still too early to give people labels I think.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
My Vote's on UP Right now. Raxxel's opening post was a joke about him and UP being scum buddies, and I'm interpreting it as a joke but saying Rax and UP are scum buddies as a joke for it to be true in the log run. The line of questioning being about how people will read him based off of the last game did seem to be self preservation at first until he explained it, but I think self preservation seems to be a common thing for newbies to do regardless of alignment. More experienced players know that being defensive without pressure comes across as scummy.

UP's opening seems to be mostly jokes/improper use of statistics so far so It's a bit null to me. I don't like it when players feel the need to say they're town, even if it is a joke so I'm going to remember that part.
Hmm. You haven't said much about UP overall I think, but you're vote is on him despite saying that his opening is null. Can you elaborate more on your read for the slot?

Will be back. But one thing I liked about Poy is his defense of Zest. I think that while in theory, yeah the scum would definitely want to defend the inactive slot!! Mislynch HOORAH! But in practice they have nothing to gain from it. A town-flip would give scum no credit because scum already knows all alignments. This makes me think that it's a town!Poy defending Zest, because scum!Poy simply has no motivation to do so. By defending Zest, Poy is only putting his own neck on the line with the other town players who ream him for it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I feel like this game becomes a lot simpler to solve when I don't have this slot that's a total unknown floating around. And I'm having a kind of nostalgia for when we lynched first and asked questions later. Even if Zesto has some experience playing mafia that doesn't mean they're actually going to be useful to town or be able to show their towniness.
Shouldn't this apply to people you're familiar with as well? Even if anyone you have experience reading is playing, it doesn't mean they'll be useful in this specific game or be able to show you that they're town this time around, no? Why does this only applies to the new kid on the block?
I was making a specific point that just because someone has mafia experience doesn't make them valuable to town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Will be back. But one thing I liked about Poy is his defense of Zest. I think that while in theory, yeah the scum would definitely want to defend the inactive slot!! Mislynch HOORAH! But in practice they have nothing to gain from it. A town-flip would give scum no credit because scum already knows all alignments. This makes me think that it's a town!Poy defending Zest, because scum!Poy simply has no motivation to do so. By defending Zest, Poy is only putting his own neck on the line with the other town players who ream him for it.
Ok, but look at it the other way around. If Poyzin is town, why is he putting his neck on the line, day 1, to defend a slot he has zero information about?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It has!! I was going to respond to everything else I found interesting and then get back to Z because I feel like no matter what I say now, it'll be seen as me squirming and going OMGUS!!!!!! LMAO

But I do find it strange how his main reason to vote me was because of my activity, when his isn't much better. This is combined with other players having less activity (I don't recall Maven saying much of substance, he still hasn't made his post over Raxxel), and Z also hasn't commented much on the two players receiving what seems like the most attention right now, you and Raxxel. Z just put his vote on me and left. I don't blame him! LOL I want to do that too at times! But I don't think it's a good look. For someone concerned about post he could be making more of his own, and he's doing the exact thing he's voting me for, isn't he? (popping in and leaving)

I won't do a hipshot and say "HE'S SCUM!" because this isn't enough for that. But it is moments like these when I'm reminded why I find him hard to read!!! :joyful:
its almost 3 here and I’m still in school, so what do either of those two points you mentioned have to do with anything.

Utopian hard defending you right off the bat Could be quite telling.

And I already commented on Rax. I said I know their thoughts relatively well and I doubt they are scum again. There has also been nothing really wrong with their content.

Poy is fine, don’t see them as full town but I don’t really see them as scum. His flip could be interesting to look at in future but right now it’s not getting us anywhere.

using a joke to try and lynch either of them is pretty stupid tbh. Maven may not have said much in Rax either, but he’s also someone of few words in games unless he really has something to say. And they usually put out stronger reasonings as games go on so again I don’t really have much issue there.

Like I said Rax votes are pretty weak imo right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok, but look at it the other way around. If Poyzin is town, why is he putting his neck on the line, day 1, to defend a slot he has zero information about?
This is actually a lot like the last game and his defense of me and Rax now that you mention it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is actually a lot like the last game and his defense of me and Rax now that you mention it
*not defense but his play of attracting attention towards me and Rax because he knew our alignments and was trying to get us to know he was sorcerer

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zest is clearly an experienced player. Never met them, but I'd reckon they're a MafiaScum vet.

Just kidding, that's not a reckon. They stated that's where they came from.

Here
actually hold up.

Why did you go out of your way to fetch games for pokechu when they could have done that themselves? On top of immediately defending my vote on them.

What makes you want to be so connected to a slot you should barely know about?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokechu Pokechu , when it pertains to mafia, what is your opinion over the ideology (that either faction can utilize) of "the ends justify the means"?
Hmmm
This wasn’t even answered but yet again you cling to pokechu and proceed to even provide a game they were in when you weren’t asked.

And then immediately defending them despite no interactions between the two of you really. This is a very odd occurrence. I’d love to hear your thought process here

Top Bottom