• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flash/powerpoint help please

psicicle

Smash Ace
Hi, I need to get animation into a powerpoint. The powerpoint animation tools are really crappy so I'm using flash. The problem is that I can't get the .swf into the powerpoint. SO I tried exporting as a GIF and that goes into the powerpoint. But the problem is that the GIF won't animate, it just sits there on the first frame.

The GIF itself is fine, I double click it and it is animated. The problem is that when I copy the image into powerpoint it doesn't stay animated. When it is in powerpoint it just stays on the first frame.

Any solutions?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Hi, I need to get animation into a powerpoint. The powerpoint animation tools are really crappy so I'm using flash. The problem is that I can't get the .swf into the powerpoint. SO I tried exporting as a GIF and that goes into the powerpoint. But the problem is that the GIF won't animate, it just sits there on the first frame.

The GIF itself is fine, I double click it and it is animated. The problem is that when I copy the image into powerpoint it doesn't stay animated. When it is in powerpoint it just stays on the first frame.

Any solutions?
there are actually many solutions to this problem. You basically just want an animated gif in powerpoint.

I suggest animating in flash to get your swf file , however dont use the swf file. instead when you are done use the flash export button and export it in any format you use. The problem isnt flash , it is power point because power point is a slide presentation. Now if all else fails put a power point link to that gif animation or just play it when u are presenting your presentation to your audience. Hope this helps . What i would do is use adobe after effects but idont know if u know how to use it or not so im not going to waste my time explaining that program.

Also try this: if what you are doing is a frame by frame animation convert it to a movie clip in flash
then in the box below change the movie clip to a graphic so it plays each individual frame. Then export that gif and try it in power point.

psicicle

Smash Ace
Well, I've decided to just to the whole thing in flash, because several of the animated elements make up whole slides. Unless there is some way to get the GIFs to animate.

Top Bottom