• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flash is being really stupid.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't know what happened, but suddenly when I got home today, flash starting becoming unresponsive and crashes after making my browser slow down. I ran a virus scan and nothing came up, any idea what can cause this?

I tried both Chrome and Firefox for this.

edit: My computer is just being really weird in general. Windows Media Player isn't playing music, Minecraft won't load the game, Flash works on some other sites but not Youtube, etc..

John2k4

The End of an Era
You could try re-installing Flash..

Although if Minecraft isn't loading, it sounds like a problem with Java, too.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've scanned with AVG and MalwareBytes and nothing has come up. I can't use Youtube, WMP, or Minecraft right now and I'm sure there's more. :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sadly, my severely biased and uninspired response is to just reinstall Windows entirely. (I just did a clean install this past weekend.)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I ended up doing a system restore and it fixed any issues I had. I feel very relieved.

Now, I have been told that if it's a virus I have, the restore won't necessarily get rid of it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Top Bottom