• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flaming Fitness Duo - Adventurer & Ring for Smash! (Ring Fit Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanatsu

Smash Rookie
Adventurer & Ring

Adventurer & Ring's render from Ring Fit Adventure (2019)

The Adventurer is the main protagonist from Ring Fit Adventure, Nintendo's spiritual successor to Wii Fit released in 2019 for Nintendo Switch. They are the playable character and is customizable to fit the player. Early on in their journey, the Adventurer meets Ring, the sentient hoop that gives the Adventurer energy. Together, they go on a quest to stop the evil body-building dragon, Dragaux. Ring is the main gimmick in Ring Fit Adventure, which helps the protagonist use all sorts of attacks. This is why, in Smash, they will most likely be referred to as "Adventurer & Ring."

Why Adventurer & Ring?
Ring Fit Adventure sold incredibly well, with generally positive reviews from every big game critic. (82/100 from Metacritic, 7.8/10 from IGN)
It also did very well in Asia, hitting #1 at debut in Japan and South Korea. It sold 68,497 copies in the first week of release in Japan alone. Overall, it has sold 2.17 million copies worldwide as of December. As for Adventurer & Ring, they have a lot going for them. First of all, they have tons of moveset potential. As a Fitness RPG, there are lots of moves from Adventurer's arsenal to choose from. Secondly, Ring Fit Adventure did not receive a spirit event, even though every big Nintendo game last year received one and there are tons of characters to choose from.

What new would Adventurer & Ring bring?
Adventurer & Ring would be the first fighter to use fitness attacks. No, I don't mean like what Wii Fit Trainer has. In Ring Fit Adventure, all attacks are summoned by Ring. These attacks are caused when Adventurer does a certain exercise. After he/she has successfully done the exercise, Ring summons the attack that belongs to that exercise. These would be big attacks like Bayonetta's Up Smash and Down Smash but they would have some end lag to counter that.

What would Adventurer & Ring's moveset be like?
(Open to suggestions for tilts, aerials, and smashes)

:GCB: - Ring Press

The Adventurer squeezes in on Ring, creating a quick gust of wind that blows away the opponent and deals a small amount of damage.

:GCR::GCB: - Knee-To-Chest

The Adventurer sits down and leaves Ring hanging in the air where they left it. The Adventurer does a quick knee-to-chest exercise. As the exercise starts, Ring summons a giant chest front of them. It summons from above and after the Adventurer finishes the exercise, the chest drops to the ground with great force. The more times you press B during the exercise, the more damage the chest does.

:GCU::GCB: - Ring Climb

A peg appears out of nowhere. The Adventurer grabs onto it with Ring and flings themselves upward. Ring will then fly back up to the Adventurer. The more you press B while they're clamped on, the higher up you'll be flung.

:GCD::GCB: - Ab Guard

The Adventurer squeezes in on Ring hard. An ab shield is summoned in front of them blocking any projectile attacks. It also acts as a counter for close up attacks. If an opponent performs an attack as the Adventurer uses Ab Guard, the ab shield will move forward and hit the opponent forward.

Final Smash - Ring Fit

Adventurer & Ring's final smash is Ring Fit. It's a clone of Wii Fit Trainer's final smash. Ring grows and opens up a giant hole inside of itself. Silhouettes of all the exercises you can do in Ring Fit Adventure fly out and attack the opponent, exactly like Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash.

With all that said...

I hope I shed some light on a not-so-spoken yet more-than-likely contender for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's second Fighter's Pass. Hopefully this has either led you to think about Adventurer & Ring as a fighter or encouraged you to want them even more. You can become a supporter just by letting me know below. If you'd like to see even more concepts for Ring Fit Adventure representation in Smash, I run a campaign account on Twitter, called @RFAxSSBU. (https://twitter.com/RFAxSSBU)

List of supporters:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There's already a thread for this character, but I'm sure they'd welcome your moveset and support! Make sure to post there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom