• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL, CuttingEdgeGaming tournys

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I have to work tomorrow unfortunately. I think some of Tampa is available though, maybe you'll see a few there.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
wooo the tournament was great...not really counting myself and big freddy there was a total of ...4 people if we had continued with the tournament I would have won!!!!!!!!!!! but eh

1)Monk/Honkey/Banana
2)Big_Freddy
3)Macl
4)Some guy that doesn't know how to up-b
(sorry for the crazy double post)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
whoah, only 4? wow, that sucks.

We need to get back into advertising. Nobody in Tampa knew about it but me, and I was working. What was up with KingofHearts, Lime Backwards, and other locals not going though?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Lime_backwards aslo had to work. Unfortunately it looks like I will be working almost EVERY Sunday for a while.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
whoah, only 4? wow, that sucks.

We need to get back into advertising. Nobody in Tampa knew about it but me, and I was working. What was up with KingofHearts, Lime Backwards, and other locals not going though?
I figure if you don't go everybody is like "Eh whats the point there is only those two long haired kids and they aren't good at all" as for King of Heart I don't hang out with him so he could have jumped off a bridge and I wouldn't have known

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well I'm transfering to a new department at work and will be going through training for it. So I don't think I'll be free this sunday either. I'll try telling the Tampa guys about it though so you'll hopefully get a bigger number than last time...

Also, [thread=99910]I opened up a sig shop[/thread]. Lime, I made you a sig already. Hope you like it. ^_^

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
...**** you haven't been able to go to the past few tournaments but hey it's all good just means I have a slightly bigger chance at winning... I talked to my friend he said he was probably going to be there seeing how he is doing the whole stay over the day before and of course the rest of the Dunedin regulars (Big_Freddy and who ever else I can find...although I might not be able to go to this one.) also Manko I might be needing you to make me a sig whenever you get the time MS paint makes life so much harder

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Actually, I spoke a bit too soon since today I got my schedule and they gave me Sunday off anyway. I thought for sure I'd be under training but it looks like I'll be able to make it. Hopefully more of Tampa will come with me. :)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
...or you just won't show up either... yeah it was four people again... Freddy, my friends Mike and Kevin, and myself...Cutting Edge is done for unless more people can go and that obviously just doesn't happen...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
That's why I didn't come. :(

I was trying to get people from Tampa to go with me and nobody could. With just me going I knew the turn out would probably be like last time so I didn't feel it'd warrent the 45 minute drive. If I was a little closer I'd go everytime, but even 5 isn't enough for a tourney.

If King of Hearts, Lime Backwards, and more locals start attending again I could convince Tampa to start comming back as well. Otherwise we might as well just play eachother here. :ohwell:

somedude123

Smash Ace
or actually make a thread with the date about 2 weeks in advance, so people will be able to plan for it? i had off today and i knew nothing of this.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
This thread's been around since the end of October, but if you don't follow it you won't know about the changes. I also had it in the Florida thread's tourney list, but I realize people don't check it on a regular basis. Any future tourneys should get its own thread with a date in the title though so new people can see it.

M/H/B: do you know what Cutting Edge's plans are for upcomming tourneys? and what do you want on your sig?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I feel really bad not being able to go to these tournaments. I HATE having to work on Sundays, but unfortunately my employers are short staffed at the time being and I may not be able to go for a while. Also I have some projects to work on for school, after those are out of the way I will be trying to go to both a Cutting Edge and a Gigabits. I was telling Freddy today that Pinellas county does not have much recognition in the world of smash and in order to get that said recognition, we need (with major emphasis) to go to a Gigabits tournament really soon. If this does not happen we will be unable to draw a crowd to Cutting Edge or any other place in Pinellas county. So when this happens, can I ask you (Manko) for directions?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm pretty sure King of Hearts said he's been to Gigabits once before too so he'd probably be up for taking a group of Clear Water guys down there. I went to the most recent one and found it to be pretty easy to get to. I mapped out my own directions too in order to avoid the tolls that Mapquest tried putting me through.

Not sure when the next one will be. They ussually post the date for the next one as soon as the previous ends but since the tourney host cracked his head open prior to it, I'm sure that slowed things down a bit.

One cool thing about Gigabits though is that they're holding low tier singles and doubles along side the regular singles and doubles. So you Link users like King of Hearts and Lime Backwards could probably do fairly well in those. :)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Low Tier tourneys include both low & bottom tiers. It's anything Link and lower.

Therefore the characters you can use are: Link, Luigi, DK, Roy, Y. Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, G&W, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm probably not going to be online to often as I really don't feel like staying in trouble. I really don't want Clearwater/Dunedin smash to die but compared to the rest of FL we have about six or seven decent players. As for cutting edge dates I have no clue for some reason their dates are back in January. Whenever the next gigabit's tournament is Lime and myself will try to make it (now that I have a job I can afford to lose more money)

Manko I really don't care what you make my sig look as long as it shows that my name is Monk it's all good

Top Bottom