• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fixing the pad on the controller stick (URGENT)

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
So you may or may not believe this, but I have a controller that was literally crafted by the five gods of Melee, to be the most perfect, most smooth, and most beautiful turquoise controller ever crafted. But unfortunately, this blessing's pad on the main control stick is beginning to come a little loose, and that makes me incredibly scared I might have to scrap this piece of art soon. It feels like whatever makes the pad's sterness got cracked or something, because only the top bends a little bit when i side step or wavedash. How do I fix this pad or get another pad? Because this controller is honestly the best controller I've ever owned for any game console I've ever played.

sihalanick

Smash Rookie
You could order a new control stick off eBay and replace it yourself? Order a tri-wing screwdriver to open the controller and you're good to go. If you have a spare Wii nunchuck laying around, you can open the nunchuck with a triwing screwdriver, take that control stick, and replace it with your worn out one also.

Last edited:

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
This wouldn't mess with the quality of its flexibility right? The stick is just way to fluent and smooth to want to give up on.

Kadano

Magical Express
I have ordered a few stick knob replacements (I assume that’s what you refer to as “pad”), but none of them were of the same size and materials as the original ones. When my stick knob gets cracks and the rubber comes off, I replace it with a knob from old controllers with bad stick boxes. I didn’t do this very often so far, though.

AirFair

Marth tho
There's a good chance you can just take one from another controller, like a new white one, and it will be just as good.

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
Its just a nintendo brand controller but its a limited edition turqoise, (so replacing it would cost me a lot). and yeah the stick nob is a little bendy at the top, it only happens from time to time so I want to fix it before it becomes a huge problem, because this thing is my baby

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjcyWDY3Mg==/z/~NMAAOSwEeFVHXH8/$_12.JPG

This is a image of the model.

Last edited:

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Nice. You should be fine buying one or taking one from another controller.

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
Nice. You should be fine buying one or taking one from another controller.
Alright cool, I'll go ahead and try that then, thanks a ton for all the help everybody, this controller REALLY does mean a lot to me.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Alright cool, I'll go ahead and try that then, thanks a ton for all the help everybody, this controller REALLY does mean a lot to me.
No problem, bro. I understand I love Gamecube controllers too hahaha.

Top Bottom