• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Video, comments?

Noraa

Smash Lord
Well i know the quality is completly ****ty but i really need critique.
*not the best opponet.

Vs Tom(snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk1_LDw13RA

Vs Tom(mario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-vN1pjGHA

I know i need to latch more and probly use his smashes less, but any thing would be nice.
Just dont flame me please lol =].
If its completly negative around the basis of "you suck complete ***" just keep it to you self.
=] thanks

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
just be sure to shield>grab any fast approaches snake pulls out on you. Try to get him in the air too cuz he's easy to combo..

edit: almost forgot, welcome to the boards. :)

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
nice videos, it's obvious you've got some game going on with Olimar. On the offensive you're good and can string together hits well, but things seem to break down a bit if you're put under pressure. Spacing (with your moves) and timing (esp. with mines and Snake's Usmash) were problems that kept you on the defense rather than helped you get out of it.

I'd give the Snake a B- and the Mario a B. Snake didn't seem to have a good handle on all of his moves and was pretty ineffective for portions of the match. Mario should short hop Fair against Olimar as a standard approach.

And Radiohead, nice choice.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Thanks, yeah i do need to work on my airdodging alot. Mortar slides are jus so **** annoying.

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
Yea I was going to say to try to shield grab some more, but not to abuse it. I was also going to say attack snake in the air more, but you started to do that more in the end anyways so good job. Biggest thing I saw was your lack or edge guarding, especially vs snake. Don't be afraid to jump out there and give him a nice fair to the face. Very promising though, keep it up.

yotipo91

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-9314-9317
I noticed that you don't attack in the air much, and I think that's one of Olimar's up sides. Keep at it, Olimar's awesome :'D

Esca

Smash Champion
Okay here we go:
1. If you know the snake you played against, tell him to use grenade placement alot more, and not to down smash, also tell him he shouldn't ever use his up- b while he's on the stage, also tell him to utilt more and dtilt.

2. Now, some mistakes you did make is you tried to dsmash as much as possible, when your close to them you need to combo, use a dtilt into them, then either dash attack or fair.

3. Next, I noticed that you had the dthrow running u smash combo down, but learn to change that up. You can do either 2 things from that combo, after the uair, you can nair and then fair, or you can uair and then ff.

4. Try very hard not to use your up-b on the stage. I noticed that you used it, the attack is good to attack with and it's a very good mind game, say someone is approaching you and you use the up-b standing still it's very un-expected.

5. Nair and utilt alot. The nair hits 15 and the utilt hits 13, these are very good attacks and it's very hard to shield the entire thing.

6. try not to keep whites in your line. If you have a white, throw him off.

7. Grabbing. unless your combo-ing, only grab with blue and purps. The blue fthrow and bthrow are amazing at k0ing, and the purp has a kick @$$ dthrow.

I'm sorry for critiquing so harshly, just get those things done, and you'll be an olimar master.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Thanks esca, i knew i dsmashed way to much. It makes me become to predicitible. Il try to add the nairs and utilt.

Top Bottom