• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Tourney! Need friendly advice :)

BlueYogaMat

Smash Rookie
So I've been play Melee and PM competitively for quite some time now just with friendly's and am probably going to enter my first tournament for PM this Saturday. I just want some advice for the tourney and what mind set i should be going in with. Thanks guys! P.S. I main Falco and Lucas. If anyone feels obliged to share tips regarding those chars please feel free :)

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
For the tips on the characters you play, make sure to visit the sub-forums category of Smashboards for the character you play and study up!

As for the mindset you should be going in with, this is the best advice I've heard and will pass it down to you.

Do not go into the tournament to win/tryharding. Go into the tournament to have fun and learn from the experience.

I cannot stress that enough to people.

ninjuh1124

Smash Cadet
You're likely to get bodied. I'd suggest a notebook and a pen. Write down everything you did wrong, that you could have done in certain situations, what you did well, etc.

Top Bottom