• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

first time low teir tourney

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
ive played brawl off an on since march 6 2009 so i have experience but i only play against the computer and friends... occasionally a little wifi. On saturday there is a tourney in my area that im going to try to attend. Ive never been to a tourney but im looking to get beter so i figure this is the way to do it. I will be playing mario in the low tier tourney, and im wondering if anyone can tell me any info that will help. I searched around and non of the character match ups were complete and mostly what was filled out was higher tier opponents. i see that rainbow cruise is pretty good for mario to gimp people, are there any other good stages for him or stages that the opponenets do poorly on ..etc.

thanks

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
ive played brawl off an on since march 6 2009 so i have experience but i only play against the computer and friends... occasionally a little wifi. On saturday there is a tourney in my area that im going to try to attend. Ive never been to a tourney but im looking to get beter so i figure this is the way to do it. I will be playing mario in the low tier tourney, and im wondering if anyone can tell me any info that will help. I searched around and non of the character match ups were complete and mostly what was filled out was higher tier opponents. i see that rainbow cruise is pretty good for mario to gimp people, are there any other good stages for him or stages that the opponenets do poorly on ..etc.

thanks
I'd say battlefield is a good stage for Mario. In Battle Field, Mario has a lot of advantages for example : he can put pressure on the opponent if he's above you , it's an easier stage to approach, and works in Marios favor since he's a good combo character, you can stage spike with Up B, you can also wall jump..

JUDGE

Smash Lord
^this and lylat cruise^^
also spam fireballs at the beginning on your opponent to know if he dodges them/shields them/jumps over them
play campy lol it's brawl

don't expect to much it#s yor first tourney
anyways i wish you good luck

Top Bottom