• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Impression: Loving this game!

Ronster87

Ronnie
NNID
Ronster87
Switch FC
7787-7027-5981
Managed to get a couple of copies (for myself and a friend) a day early. As someone who was a bit skeptical after everything I read online, 2 hours in I'm having a blast with this game. Having played Smash since the very beginning, I'm super happy with this so far.

- Game is visually gorgeous. I was afraid that the colors were a bit dull based on what I saw online, it's not the case at all. It looks fantastic.

- It feels super weird for the first 30 mins. Plays super different than Smash 4, I was a bit intimidated and unsure at first, but just give it a bit of a play and it just gets more and more natural. It plays great once you get the hang of it.

- Online was a bit laggy but it may be from my connection. I put custom rules and didn't get exactly the matches that I wanted, but it was quite close. I imagine this will not be a problem when more people get the game and there's a bigger pool from which I can get matched.

- WoL is fun. Just 45 mins and I'm enjoying it, but I can see it getting slightly repetitive.

Overall, super duper happy with it. I can tell that I'll be hooked to this for a long, long time. Can't wait to get good and get some multiplayer with friends going.

https://imgur.com/a/dPwVc0d

Everyone who's waiting is in for a treat :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom