• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Gameplay of Toon Link. VERY PROMISING!

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
nice, yeah that down a is really fast. now i have to choose between sonic, marth, ike, metaknight, zss, AND toon link :[

courte

Smash Lord
a) why the name?!?!
b) why no change... WHY

after about 7 days of i'll go on to love this game like an ethnic dude loves lusting over fat *** and chicken

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I HATE the name Toon Link, but I'm so freakin happy that they included him that I don't care. He looks like all his moves are the same as YL. Towards the end he pulled out the windwaker, was that like a taunt, or it is one of his moves?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dude, he's fast as crap, and all over the place. As I predicted-he's all about air to land transitions, and L-cancelling will probably make him a Brawl GOD! Can't wait to beat you all with him! :laugh:

maian

Smash Apprentice
I think he looks fantastic, in every sense of the word. I love new movesets, but this is the one exception I wanted, and I got what I wanted. Somehow, Toon Link is the perfect realization of what I wanted from Young Link in Brawl.

Impressions:

Dair is obviously changed. I really like how it rockets down, makes a typically very easy to dodge move much harder to. It has less knockback, but I'll live. I can efficiantly kill with him anyway. His bow has changed, as well. While I loved his fire arrows, I think I'll be just as content with these. Not nearly as stunning or damaging, but much, much quicker, so I'm digging it. His spin attack looks weaker in the spin, but it has pretty impressive knockback. He's much more floaty than before, but I like it. I'm really curious to see how his fully charged spin attack goes. Oh, and I'm very glad he's sporting a traditional boomerang. In TP and SSBB alike, I despise the Gale Boomerang.

All in all? He looks phenomenal. I was planning on maining Snake this time around, but now that Young Link is back, I can't resist. He's AWESOME.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I actually really like the way hes looking. It's weird considering I hated the idea of him even being in brawl since 2005 e3 now I'm considering maining him lol. It's like rain on your wedding day.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I don't get how everyone is complaining that he's a clone. They wanted to bring back YL, but they needed a new look and a more fresh style, so they bring in Toon Link and slightly alter his moves. Change speed a little, change some knockback power of certain moves, etc. It's not a clone because it's a replacement. Can you not see the difference?

That's like saying I saw a scarf on captain falcon so he's got a slightly new look, but his moves are all the same so he's a Falcon clone. OR it's Falcon with a scarf. As in... OR it's YL, but cel-shaded with slightly altered speed, knockback, a chargeable UP-B, etc. Get the facts straight people.

Tanea

Smash Ace
CLONES: Ganondorf, Falco, Toon Link, Luigi, Lucas, Wolf

29 character roster. Fail.
i hope you realize that you fail falco has already been proven to NOT be a clone except for his FS and if you check the dojo ness was just put on there and they showed how ness and lucas are different. luigi has been changed.for lucas look at today up date as for ganon,and TL i havent played the game and from what i can tell neither have you.

so looking at it form an open mind set it for sure seem like most of them aren't clones

so overall it really seem like then one who fails is YOU......next time you can make the game and then we can give you **** for it

stop being so ignorant :mad: ......i'm sorry to everyone else for not staying on topic

im sure some new info will come to light in not worried he will be good:chuckle::chuckle:

Oyvoyv

Smash Rookie
He looks awesome! Definately one of my tops! (I don't really main a char, I prefer changing, even though it's going to make me lose a lot more often)

Top Bottom