• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

first 3 hours

goateeguy

Smash Ace
i have a period of 3.5 hours on sunday (the day it comes out for those who don't already know) to play brawl. With that in mind, what did you do/will you do with your first three hours? did you suicide in brawls to try and get characters that way, or did you go through subspace emissary? did you try to accomplish all the tertiary requirements? (all the multi-man melee, home run contest stuff) which way is the fastest and which is the most efficient? Which way do you think would be the most fun? As many answers as possible will help me and my friends decide how best to spend our time (online strategy guide links are ok too)

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Just play VS Mode and enjoy it. You'll get whatever when it comes. Then, when you get some real time to sit down with it, you can start Subspace or your preferred way.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
I played it the same as I always play Smash. First I played a few vs rounds, and then I started with SSE. The only thing I tried to unlock asap by suiciding is the "The Big Blue"-Melée stage with Captian Falcon.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Fun =/= efficient/fast for the most part , take your time and enjoy it.

Why will you only play 3 hours anyways? I'm not gonna sleep at all during sunday to play this lol.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
1. Training (Final Smashes, Items, Moves, etc)
2. ?? VS. Matches
3. Classic Mode with Mario or Samus
4. Unlock Ness, Marth and Luigi by doing these things.
5. Play with Marth and Luigi
6. Subspace Emissary

=S-A=

kirborg

Smash Cadet
I recommend starting with SSE if you want to get most of the experience. It introduces all the characters in a linear motion, and the feeling when you get when a new character splashes on screen just a moment away from your control is epic.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I'm gonna change my controller settings, train for a bit then do classic mode and 100 man melee to unlock certain characters and then go into SSE. That' s my plan for the midnight release.

Nihil

Smash Rookie
Play my *** off in VS mode with my bros and friends that are staying over.
Then I'll beat classic and mpve on the SSE

QueTee

Smash Apprentice
originally i was just going to hardcore 1hp vs mode 450 times, but now it looks like a million people are showing up at my place.

6footninja

Smash Ace
If I were you, I would just play some smash. Just versus or whatever. As long as it doesnt feel lik grinding. When you get more time, then I would attempt some character unlocks. Luckily, ima be on Brawl much more than 3 hours. I can tell ya that

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Unlock Captain Falcon (my main) and Marth (my bro's main) and then polish up on the new Falcon, perhaps play online with some buddies, then later play through SSE wth my bro.

It will be glorious.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
This is my plan (provided my friend doesn't want to play when we return home):

- Classic with Mario
- Vs. with Mario against everyone else
- Other modes
- Subspace Emissary
- ???
- Repeat forever
- Completion (maybe profit)

Hark21Ball

Smash Cadet
1. Training (Final Smashes, Items, Moves, etc)
2. ?? VS. Matches
3. Classic Mode with Mario or Samus
4. Unlock Ness, Marth and Luigi by doing these things.
5. Play with Marth and Luigi
6. Subspace Emissary

=S-A=
Basically this^^. My brothers and friends when we first get the game are all going to do some VS matches and pick new characters. Ill be Pit, Bro will be PT, 2nd Bro as Metaknight, and my friends will be Ike, Dedede, etc.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
someone suggested to me to play 15 vs matches as DK on shadow moses (i think...) so i get ness, marth, snake, and 75m, and then to go play sse. sound good?

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Im just going to be doing a crap load of VS matches, then I'll prolly do the SSE then event matches. WiFi will come in somewhere

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Play some vs mode with my bro, I plan on trying Diddy Kong, Olimar and Pokemon Trainer first, then I'll try a few other new guys, then SSE.

Top Bottom