• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Firefox instant edgehog on Corneria (Cool Movement trick)

shadydentist

Smash Lord
I've searched the forums, and I looked through Dalal's Fox Movement Tricks, but I havent found a mention of this. Check it out:

It's a well known fact that a grounded firefox will follow the ground when you move. Its also known that if you space a firefox right, you can grab the edge as you end. However, I've recently discovered that if you firefox straight across the ground where it goes slightly up and then down before the edge, you are canceled out of the firefox and directly into the edge grab.

As far as I can tell, this will only work on Corneria. Try this: stand at the front, just to the right of the "cockpit" area of the Great Fox. Do a grounded firefox, and steer it left. You will instantly grab the edge.

This also works in reverse on the tail of the great fox.

This only works if you do it BEFORE the hump. If you do it after, then you fly off and die.

Try it and tell me what you think. Or, if this is already known, someone tell Dalal to add it to his topic.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Hey, this is cool. It doesn't have to be measured, as long as the Firefox reaches the ledge, and you're over the "hump". It probably works just like the Firesaucer thing, causing the Firefox to grab the ledge.

+rep waiting for you sir.

Sudai

Stuff here
It might have to do with the instant ledge grab when you hit an edge going at 45 degrees or less (degree measure is probably wrong) and I'm just guessing here. Haven't played on Corneria recently to remember the angle.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
i just tried this and it works. What's good about it is it doesn't need to be spaced correctly, it just has too reach the end.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
yeah, I bet it is the angle that the "hump" puts you after. Shows what the Firefox can do when it's against the ground!

And thanks for saying pretty much everything I did mr. ninja

shadydentist

Smash Lord
But the thing is, it doesn't work if you start out going down. If you do the firefox starting on the downward slope, you don't grab the edge. For some reason, you have to go up first and then down for this to work. And i'm not sure exactly why.

Sudai

Stuff here
It might be that you have to be in the air to grab while going down and going up first tricks the game into thinking you're in the air.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
interesting...i never knew this... ur a fox user... his fantasm can go through a moyin censor...or was it a bob-omb?

shadydentist

Smash Lord
The only stages it works on:

Corneria
Peach's Castle
Fourside (all the way on the left)

Those are the only ones that worked for me. I was surprised about Peach's Castle, though, because you don't go up first. This is interesting.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
I swear i have done this once by accident on FD, but maybe im wrong because i have tried to do this a couple times on FD and i always die.

Top Bottom