• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Firebreath

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser's firebreath can actually be aimed up and down, you can literally walk to the edge and firebreath STRAIGHT DOWN.

the firebreath is a lot better, i'll update more on the characters when i get the chance tomorrow n_n

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Aim-able Fire breath sounds too good! i wonder how far of an angle you can point it upwards. If it can go straight up, then that would be WAY too good as a protection from characters coming down upon you.

Also, I giggled like a school girl when i saw that none other than Gimpy posted in my thread. I'm such a nerd! lulz

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Aim-able Fire breath sounds too good! i wonder how far of an angle you can point it upwards. If it can go straight up, then that would be WAY too good as a protection from characters coming down upon you.
That'd be quite awesome though, considering all the possibilities of that ;).

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I know! I imagine things like fire breath straight up so they get caught in it, then angle it downwards slowly so they stay trapped in it, then stop when they are a little above the ground so you can F-Smash them! mmmmm, the possibilities are delicious :p

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I know! I imagine things like fire breath straight up so they get caught in it, then angle it downwards slowly so they stay trapped in it, then stop when they are a little above the ground so you can F-Smash them! mmmmm, the possibilities are delicious :p
Exactly what I thought. Now Bowser can be truly evil. <Inser Evil Laugh here>

That would also be a very abusive move then. I hope Charizard gets the same thing with Flame Thrower.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you can angle it slightly up, i caught a pikachu who was trying to approach me in it and dragged him to the ground by aiming it lower after i got him in it, its pretty awesome n_n

also it doesn't die, it almost seems like it has a recharge time on it though

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
It doesnt die down!

@_@ hellzeth yethicusness!!

I hated how fast he ran out of breath in Melee....

now I wonder how Charizard will do his?

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah hopefully charizard has similar mechanics to his Firebreath. I would think that charizard's should be a little better in some way, as in more damage or further reach. I mean he is THE fire pokemon, so his firebreath should be better than bowser's.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Bowser's been breathing fire before pokemon were even thought up. Refer to The original sidescrolling glory that is Super Mario Bros. the Koopa King has been hurling fire in the respective 4th section of each world for years.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
then shouldnt Bowser's flame be a projectile instead of a stream of fire...???

M.K

Level 55
Bowser's been breathing fire before pokemon were even thought up. Refer to The original sidescrolling glory that is Super Mario Bros. the Koopa King has been hurling fire in the respective 4th section of each world for years.
I definetly thought those "fireballs" were flaming pancakes.
Bowser never eats at Waffle House...

Black/Light

Smash Master
then shouldnt Bowser's flame be a projectile instead of a stream of fire...???

Yeah, and shouldn't he have more fire attacks if it's soo important to him? Char is THE fire character and will most likely have more fire moves than most any character in brawl (or atleast he should) there for I think his flamethrower move should and will be better than Bowsers (more reach, more aimable, more power, less lag. . it looked fast in that Nintendo event vid).

But I have yet to see how well Bowser's B is or even a proper angle for char's Flamethrower in action so we can only hope.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Useful Fire Breath is great. I literally NEVER used that attack in Melee, except in a few select edgeguards. Always ended up with you getting kicked in the face... especially vs the AI (which is what I mostly play against). They DI'd toward you and used their uber-reflexes to smash you before you even stopped.

Looks a lot more like what a stream of fire would actually look like, too. Looks like its actually moving outward, rather than just being a bunch of fire blobs stuck together.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The thing is the firestream is what has been used for Bowsers attack since the N64 days. The burst of fire he only used in the first few games if I recall right

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
The thing is the firestream is what has been used for Bowsers attack since the N64 days. The burst of fire he only used in the first few games if I recall right
when you fight bowser in the N64 he did have the ability to spit individual fire balls, they chased you around the stage. but he also got the fire breath/stream ability here.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I loved using the fire, but the biggest issue I had was the DI. The CPU opponents and smaller/floaty characters like Mario DI out of it easilly and I was met with a neutral A to the face. Heavier characters like DK were roasted. It always became a problem especially sincem most of the people I play against used the Plumbers, Space furries, or the Swordsman. If I can catch someone in the fire and they can't DI out, it should do some nice damage quickly, but in Melee it just doesn't have much use against most good players.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i THINK that bowser's flame has a like recharge timer on it for how long you can hold it, the fire didn't fade away, but i coudln't hold b forever to keep the flame goin, and it seemed to last for longer sometimes than other times.

i'm assuming that there is a little recharge timer thing on this move now, and i prefer that honestly

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
So, has anybody been thinking how the difference will be inbetween Charizard + Ridley + Bowser?

All of them seem like heavy and powerful characters, Ridley and Charizard can glide back to the stage, all of them can breathe some sort of flame.

The three just seem very alike, but at least so far from what we know Charizard and Bowser aren't clones. Rock Smash (Ugh... What a horrible move choice) doesn't have the same function as Koopa Klaw.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I've never considered Charizard similar to bowser (other than the whole, breathing fire thing). Ridley had better be in the game ;)

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
A lot of people want Ridley, but thats another time, place, and topic.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Too bad they didn't give bowser the projectile fire bursts AND the firebreath. They could have done it like Samus' missiles and super missiles. Switch the claw with the firebreath and make smash forward B the fire bursts and just forward B the firebreath

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Too bad they didn't give bowser the projectile fire bursts AND the firebreath. They could have done it like Samus' missiles and super missiles. Switch the claw with the firebreath and make smash forward B the fire bursts and just forward B the firebreath
I like bowsers new body slam throw better than that fire ball idea. it gives him a realy good use for his weight.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
I like bowsers new body slam throw better than that fire ball idea. it gives him a realy good use for his weight.
No, No, No. Don't get rid of the claw, switch it to his neutral B. Make his forward B his fire, and have it be like Samus' missiles where smash forward B is the projectile fire bursts and the normal forward B is his firebreath that we all know and love

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
yeah good point, not being able to turn around with the claw would kinda suck. maybe a short tap of neutral B to make the fire burst and hold it to be the firebreath?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser's firebreath is much better in brawl already, i dont see what we are even talking about that for thats not how the move works lol

Top Bottom