• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIRE/UP AIR ARE BROKEN!

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
In our favor! So there I was getting combed by zss with up air up air up b, when I mashed my own up b and the trampoline lifted her into oblivion leaving me alive haha it was amazing and I've been having a ton of luck getting it to work on other characters and other ways. With metaknight it's a little harder but works at lower percentages

So I'm not sure exactly what frame fire comes out but when your getting combed and you mash fire you can see that it actually launches them before the animation starts. I'm not sure exactly why it counts as them during because most of the time I did not deal damage to them but they still die off the top.
I've had luck with up air even working on zss with just the wind box. I have replays of this all working what is the best way to upload them?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The windbox on fire comes out frame 2, same as invincibility on an airdodge.

Windboxes count as unfriendly momentum/knockback and will still kill your opponents. It doesn't have to have damage or hitstun for that.

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
This also works with ness and lucas' up B since PK thunder won't be lifted. Also I'd like to see the replays. The best way is to go to the replay, click it, click send, then send to YouTube and if the replay is long make it a highlight reel. Also you'll need to enter your YouTube account. Then once it's uploaded get the link and post it here.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
This also works with ness and lucas' up B since PK thunder won't be lifted. Also I'd like to see the replays. The best way is to go to the replay, click it, click send, then send to YouTube and if the replay is long make it a highlight reel. Also you'll need to enter your YouTube account. Then once it's uploaded get the link and post it here.
OK I'll try tonight I'm hoping to get a compilation and a slow motion breakdown of exactly what happens and what frame is required to make it work.

There was one where I actually hit metankight with my up air and we traded or something and we both died, but I hit the blastzone and he slowly died in the background allowing him to live I was soo mad. Anyway I think this is a little trick up our sleeves, I would love to see someone do this at a tournament

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/kmUkJml8HWE
It happened again this time with ike at around 0:57. Also a while back I was playing and I remember that I used up air when an ike was using side B above the stage I up aired him and he flew straight from one side of the map to the other and died so that might be something to try if they ever for some reason do that. But that was a long time ago and it was on 3DS so there's no way I'll be able to upload it

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
DO NOT TRY TO UP AIR METANIGHTS TORNADO I REPEAT DO NOT UP AIR METANIGHTS TORNADO YOU WILL DIE AT 40%!!!!!!!

D:
it was a very unfortunate match he took me all the way to the top of the blast zone and I died soo early lol

Folie

Smash Apprentice
DO NOT TRY TO UP AIR METANIGHTS TORNADO I REPEAT DO NOT UP AIR METANIGHTS TORNADO YOU WILL DIE AT 40%!!!!!!!

D:
it was a very unfortunate match he took me all the way to the top of the blast zone and I died soo early lol
Have had this happen to me. Have also had this happen to me with Luigi down b. Have also accidentally gotten a teammate killed with upairing him while he was being hit by Luigi down b lol

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
Something amazing happened last night but my friend quit so I couldn't save it ):< but I'll explain what happened. So he was ZSS he went for the up air strings and then I used up B and I was slightly above him but the wind box scooped him up and then he got hit by the hit box of my up B and died. It was hilarious

Last edited:
Top Bottom