• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem PoR "Another one bites the dust"

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Tauroneo was already in ch.21, so he can die now.
... It just occurred to me that I may have misinterpreted this line.

I thought it meant that he was my death for this chapter, and I went ahead and did it. So if it wasn't...... oops, I guess. Can't go back now.

Incidentally, I learned that Tauroneo has a unique battle line with the boss of Ch.22!

Ready for Ch.23

Units Available: Ike, Mordecai, Rolf, Volke, Jill, Tormod, Muarim Janaff, Ulki, Devdan, Sothe, Shinon, Calil, Ranulf
Eligible for death: Mordecai, Volke, Rolf, Tormod, Muarim, Devdan, Sothe, Rolf, Janaff, Ulki, Shinon

Also, unless you say otherwise, I'm going to assume Jill is the death for Chapter 24 after she loses her plot armor. If that's not the case, tell me when you give me the Ch.23 pick. Otherwise I'll probably just go ahead and do both chapters.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
P.S.: I left a message with Ryker, so hopefully next time he sees it he'll give you your choice. I didn't run across him last night.

Rajam

Smash Champion
... It just occurred to me that I may have misinterpreted this line.

I thought it meant that he was my death for this chapter, and I went ahead and did it. So if it wasn't...... oops, I guess. Can't go back now.

Incidentally, I learned that Tauroneo has a unique battle line with the boss of Ch.22!

Ready for Ch.23

Units Available: Ike, Mordecai, Rolf, Volke, Jill, Tormod, Muarim Janaff, Ulki, Devdan, Sothe, Shinon, Calil, Ranulf
Eligible for death: Mordecai, Volke, Rolf, Tormod, Muarim, Devdan, Sothe, Rolf, Janaff, Ulki, Shinon

Also, unless you say otherwise, I'm going to assume Jill is the death for Chapter 24 after she loses her plot armor. If that's not the case, tell me when you give me the Ch.23 pick. Otherwise I'll probably just go ahead and do both chapters.
Mordecai, then Jill

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Mordecai, then Jill

Ready for Ch.25.

Units Available: Ike, Rolf, Volke, Tormod, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Haar, Lucia, Bastian, Geoffrey, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Largo
Eligible for death: Rolf, Volke, Tormod, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Haar, Lucia, Bastian, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe

Rajam

Smash Champion

Ready for Ch.25.

Units Available: Ike, Rolf, Volke, Tormod, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Haar, Lucia, Bastian, Geoffrey, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Largo
Eligible for death: Rolf, Volke, Tormod, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Haar, Lucia, Bastian, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe
Kill Haar

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Kill Haar
Haar dead at either level 12 or base level. No skills added.

Ready for Ch.26

Units Available: Ike, Rolf, Volke, Tormod, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Lucia, Bastian, Geoffrey, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Largo
Eligible for death: Rolf, Volke, Tormod, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Lucia, Bastian, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Geoffrey, Largo

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll get the pic up tomorrow, but Tormod is dead. 13/16 Sage, was carrying me super hard as a healer since Ch.17. No additional skills besides Celerity.

Ready for Ch.27

Units Available: Ike, Elincia, Rolf, Volke, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Lucia, Bastian, Geoffrey, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Largo
Eligible for death: Rolf, Volke, Devdan, Shinon, Calil, Muarim, Ranulf, Lucia, Bastian, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Geoffrey, Largo

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

No additional skills. Sank a Speedwing and a Spirit Dust into him.

No additional skills.

Ready for Ch.28

Units Available: Ike, Elincia, Rolf, Volke, Devdan, Shinon, Muarim, Ranulf, Lucia, Bastian, Geoffrey, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Largo
Eligible for death: Rolf, Volke, Devdan, Shinon, Muarim, Ranulf, Lucia, Bastian, Janaff, Ulki, Sothe, Geoffrey, Largo

I forget if I have Ena now, or only in the final chapter, but if I do, that's who I got between her/Nasir.

I ALMOST killed the Black Knight, but I only got 1 of the 2 necessary Aether procs. He survived with 5 HP. :(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Challenge complete, boys. @ Rajam Rajam @#HBC | Ryker @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

Ch.28: Geoffrey

Endgame Final Team

Ike - Stats Skills: Aether. A Support Ranulf, B Support Elincia
Elincia 'The Savior' - Stats Skills B support Ike. Had A Geoffrey before he died. (Thank god Elincia can't die, Endgame would be impossible without her.)
Rolf - Stats Skills A Support Shinon. Had B Marcia till she died.
Volke - Stats Skills A Support Bastian.
MLG Dunkmaster Devdan - Stats Skills A support Largo. Had B Tormod before he died.
Ranulf 'The Godslayer' - Stats Skills A Support Ike. Bonus: Resolve popped Stats
Largo 'The Beef' - Stats Skills A Support Devdan.
Lucia - Stats Skills B Support Bastian, A Support Janaff.
Janaff - Stats A Lucia, B Shinon
Shinon - Stats Skills A Support Rolf, B Janaff.
Bastian - Stats A Volke, B Lucia
Muarim - Stats Note: Carrying Ulki
Ulki - Stats

Sothe rode the bench. Level 1, 7 exp. Only used for Ch.13 chests and Ch.15 desert items.

Turncounts:

P-5
5-11
12-18
19-25
25-E

Note: Some of the Chapter times are hilariously long because I let the console idle while I would do other stuff.

Unit Records/Proof of Death:

2-6
6-11
12-16
17-21
21-26
27-Endgame
Endgame pt.2
Endgame pt.3

Ashnard got loose and caused some casualties, but I deemed them acceptable. Ended up having to box him in with Ike, Rolf, Tibarn, Ranulf, Elincia, and Largo in various combinations. I ****ed up and got Largo killed, which is how he got loose and killed Ena and Muarim before I managed to box him in again.

TOP 5 WINS

[collapse="5th Place"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="4th Place"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Third Place"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Second Place"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="First Place"]

[/collapse]

Final comments:

This run was extremely fun and interesting. I gained an incredible appreciation for a lot of units that I have otherwise never used. Largo, Tanith, Ranulf, Muarim, Tormod, Geoffrey all come to mind as units that impressed me in varying degrees. Still not impressed by Rolf.

Most 'touch-and-go' Chapter was definitely Ch.6. My Ike was super underleveled and had to become a man by slaughtering most of that chapter. (I would wager that's about 25 of his kills)

After about Chapter 13, Ike never really HAD to fight anything, but I still used him to soften stuff up, which led to him occasionally getting crits and stealing a kill here and there.

MVPs of the run: (IMO)

Tormod
Ranulf
Elincia
Largo
Jill
Marcia

I probably could've killed the BK if I had the patience to retry the chapter enough times, but I just wanted to finish the run. The badge of honor wasn't worth the attempts just to be at the mercy of the RNG.

Now you boners need to actually play your runs, or I win by default.

Last edited:

Rajam

Smash Champion
Did you kill 53 times with Ike? Wasn't the goal to minimize kills with him? lol

EDIT: It seems you and I agree on ch. 6 being the hardest. Ch.7 comes super close

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
53 is relatively few given the amount of heavy lifting he has to do in a few of the early chapters.

If I wanted to add painstakingly long years to my life and get rid of all the random crit kills he got, then it's probably more like 35, but I wasn't about to reset an hour long chapter every single time that happened. I used him when I deemed the risk/reward of him getting a kill outweighing the possibility of a chapter reset.

I don't think Ch.7 was that bad, tbh. I just beelined to trigger Shinon, then had him make a mad dash across the top, and holed up in the right side treasure room. Shinon and Mia got all but like, 2 kills on that chapter.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fun stuff. Will definitely join next time, if you decide to do this with FE5, FE6 HM or HHM. FE4 may or may not work [probably not].

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For what it's worth, if you take out the ~25 kills for the Prologue and the Ch.6 slaughter, that puts Ike's kill count at just over 1/chapter, which I think isn't really too bad.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Safe to assume that Raz wins this because he's the only one to actually complete the run, yes?

:059:

Rajam

Smash Champion
lol, i guess im not really into FE these days, it's just cyclic

I reached ch.14 iirc and I had only 6 kills with Ike. I made a log of every chapter in this quicktopic link: link

Top Bottom