• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Book 3 being good is bittersweet. Glad that they're improving, but my favourites from Book 2 will never get this treatment.

Also reminds me of the missed potential of this game not actually doing much with the crossover aspect.
Remember when Xander was a character who impacted the plot and the levels were actual FE maps? Good times.
(and before powercreep was running absolutely rampant)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really wish each Book wasn't so contained within itself, like, we never got resolution from Fjorm's cough of death and got little from the other characters, so unless they actually plan on doing a Book that brings all(alive) characters back, it's just a shame.
Also, yeah, I really wish they could use the FE characters better, like, give some existing characters roles in the story like they did with Xander, it's so fun to see him.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still find hilarious that Fjorm is just chilling in Askr trying to play with small animals after basically 5 chapters of *cough*

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I really wish each Book wasn't so contained within itself, like, we never got resolution from Fjorm's cough of death and got little from the other characters, so unless they actually plan on doing a Book that brings all(alive) characters back, it's just a shame.
Also, yeah, I really wish they could use the FE characters better, like, give some existing characters roles in the story like they did with Xander, it's so fun to see him.
Exactly! One of the highlights of Book II for me was when Xander challenged Surtr to a 1v1 to defend Veronica. Unfortunately, it was the only time the entire book that a real Fire Emblem character impacted events in the story beyond "Hi I'm here to fight against Askr. Oh we're freed? Cool bye."

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alfonse is such a chad that Clair is thinking about cheating on me AND Laegjarn.

This man is gonna take all our waifus and husbandos.

2019411_31240944.jpg

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Got all my summoning tickets. Final total for all my free summons was:

-5 Star Ranulf (+Atk/-HP)
-4 Star Lissa
-5 Star Siegbert (he's +2 now, +Atk :confused:)
-4 Star Frederick
-4 Star Barst

Yeah, I somehow got two 5 Stars. Kinda wish I got something more exciting than a Siegbert merge, but he's still a solid player phase nuke, so it's hard to complain. The rest of my pulls were fairly solid, with Reposition fodder being nice.

Gonna have some fun once I finish grinding Ranulf for all his resources. :estatic:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Remember when Seth actually said something meaningful that one time?

Remember how Heroes never did that with a new unit again?

D

Deleted member

Oh right, I got a Kinshi Hinoka on my free summon but I dunno who would like feathers to promote right now

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well...

You now have your reasoning on Haar's stats.

And already I see the Ultra Instinct Haar jokes coming.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thanks to Haar, my Idunn's even more monstrous.

1555000543565.png

All I need is about 80 sacred coins before she's finally complete... unless IS decides to **** me over and bring out some Atk Wave seals, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Why was the Haar GHB so ****ing easy that it honestly felt like a Book I GHB on Hard?

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Why was the Haar GHB so ****ing easy that it honestly felt like a Book I GHB on Hard?
It was so easy. I guess we complained enough about stupid reinforcements that IS listened for once. Honestly they should start doing Abyssals for new GHBs and give a 5* version of them as a reward (or a 4* and 3 orbs or something)

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You: "Haar's GHB is too easy!"
Me, an intellectual: "Wtf, the enemies are so far away and two of the closet ones have Guard, how the heck am I supposed to one-turn this?"

:p

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wonder what the Special Heroes will be, considering the Bride Banners are in May due to promoting the idea of "june bride".

In other news, I got a Spring Lucina, +SPD Sumia and +SPD Shiro recently. My first Spring Lucina shares the same curse as my first Brave Lucina and first Legendary Lucina, -SPD. Ironic how all of my Blue weapon Lucinas have -SPD.
That said, I already had a Sumia and Shiro and the new ones I got have +SPD which is one of their optimal boons, so I can merge my old ones with them to get rid of their banes, especially Shiro's ATK Bane that both had.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wonder what the Special Heroes will be, considering the Bride Banners are in May due to promoting the idea of "june bride".

In other news, I got a Spring Lucina, +SPD Sumia and +SPD Shiro recently. My first Spring Lucina shares the same curse as my first Brave Lucina and first Legendary Lucina, -SPD. Ironic how all of my Blue weapon Lucinas have -SPD.
That said, I already had a Sumia and Shiro and the new ones I got have +SPD which is one of their optimal boons, so I can merge my old ones with them to get rid of their banes, especially Shiro's ATK Bane that both had.
Considering the name "Heartstring's Ties," I think they're just moving the bride banner up this year, due to Three Houses marketing in July would likely mean earlier swimsuit banners, and as such, earlier bride banners.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They should just make "Bridal Summer" banners, that would speed up the process. Put them in a bikini and veil/speedos and bow-tie. Boom, they make millions.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They should just make "Bridal Summer" banners, that would speed up the process. Put them in a bikini and veil/speedos and bow-tie. Boom, they make millions.
Things literally heat up on the beach when Sigurd and Arvis purpose to Deidre at the beach while wearing only speedos.

Ft. Camilla

Ivander

Smash Legend
Things literally heat up on the beach when Sigurd and Arvis purpose to Deidre at the beach while wearing only speedos.
As much as we joke with the Sigurd-Deridre-Arvis Triangle, I honestly want to see a Paralogue/Tempest Trial around them. Valentine's would've been the best time for that considering how heavily written and heartfelt they tend to be and they tend to take the idea of Heroes meeting under certain circumstances farther than others, but the dialogue has been pretty decently written lately in general, so I think they could do a pretty decent writing regarding the Sigurd/Deirdre/Arvis triangle.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still can't believe this Forging Bonds did more to develop Fjorm's character than the entirety of Book II.

Ivander

Smash Legend
People read forging bonds dialogue? Maybe I should do that...
They've gotten much much better starting with the first Laguz Banner characters, as that was the one that really stopped with the avatar focus.

The Nifl Forging Bonds still had issues with avatar focus(although Hrid's was decent and looked like he just needed somebody/anybody to talk to), but that one did start slowly with the non-Avatar focus as the story dialogue was discussion between the siblings and also mentioned how Fjorm got Leiptr and that she and her brother had a Ike/Greil thing going on with sparring. Fjorm's C-A rank dialogue don't have her talking to the Avatar, although they are about talking about the Avatar and her S-rank did involve Alfonse, Sharena and Anna talking as well.

But the Avatar Focus definitely stopped with Tibarn, Leanne, Reyson and Nailah and they have been awesome since then. Ever since that Forging bonds, they have stopped with the Avatar Focus. They do mention the Summoner from time to time, but most of the time, it's something in a "I think Summoner might know some things about that" or "Summoner asked me to check" sense.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The way Forging Bonds is lately makes me wish they didn't necessarily just do it for new banners. It'd be great to see more of them just for the sake of having more character interaction. It's not like you even get any benefit from using a banner character or anything so there is no reason why they can't just give us like, a Forging Bonds with Marth/Alm/Roy/Seliph, for example.

....Typing this made me realise that despite living in the same world at the same time, Marth and Alm have never interacted in anything. And despite having been in the same game together multiple times, Marth and Roy have also never actually interacted. That's pretty wild. You'd think FE Heroes would have capitalised on stuff like that by now.

That being said, I also still think Forging Bonds needs a shot in the arm in terms of how it actually plays. Even in spite of the better writing and First Summon Tickets being a thing, I still struggle to motivate myself to play it, it's by far the most boring mode in the game to actually play.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not much has caught my attention in regards to New Heroes in FEH. I decided to try pulling another Marisa today to give Kaden that sweet Spd/Def Link, but all I got about 100 orbs later was this:

+Spd -Atk

Yep, looks like I found some new Speed Tactics fodder!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not much has caught my attention in regards to New Heroes in FEH. I decided to try pulling another Marisa today to give Kaden that sweet Spd/Def Link, but all I got about 100 orbs later was this:

+Spd -Atk

Yep, looks like I found some new Speed Tactics fodder!
She'll be bored, bored, bored to find out her purpose :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I spent almost 200 Orbs and the Free Summon tickets trying to get Lethe purely because I'm considering modding her, and also got pitybroken by Zelgius and Swordhardt along the way.

New summoning pool changes haven't changed much for me I see. I wish the pitybreakers could be Laegjarn for once. :\

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I maintained Tier 21 in Arena this week. Granted it was only due to my +3 F!Grima being a bonus unit, but still, that's a first. Maybe one day I'll be able to hold it consistently. :estatic:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just saw a video of someone pulling off a galaxy brain play using Takumis

Tagging Erureido Erureido for maximum Takimi.

Also, Winter Eirika. A reminder on how you can inherit only 4 skills and not 5 cause otherwise, I'd be transferring Joyous Staff+ and ATK Opening 3 to one of my other healers. I love using that combo way too too much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw an interesting question asked on Reddit that I think I'll ask here.

Are there any characters that you didn't appreciate much before playing FE Heroes, that you have obtained a fondness for since you started playing FE Heroes? (OCs are valid too)

For the OCs, Laegjarn, Alfonse, Helbindi and Veronica are my favourites. Laegjarn is easily one of my Fire Emblem best girls in general, and Alfonse is becoming an honest contender for best lord. Veronica is a precious child that the comics gave me an even bigger appreciation for. Helbindi was just an interesting character that I feel they killed off too soon (though I could also say the same about Laegjarn, though my issue there is more how I feel the manner of her death was beyond contrived).

For legacy characters, I really like Minerva and Titania. Love a good powerful, scarlet haired lady, and their VAs are great. I have also enjoyed Xander's utilisation in the story (it's better than his utilisation in Fates' story), and wish we got stuff like that more often. Azura was also one of my least favourite characters in Fates but even I can admit that stuff like that Adrift paralogue was pretty cool in how they used her there (and as a Flier main, Legendary Azura is amazing). Chrom was also my first +10 5-Star unit besides Clair (who was already a favourite of mine in SoV), so I've gained a bit of an attachment based on that.

That about sums up the main ones I think.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Also, Winter Eirika. A reminder on how you can inherit only 4 skills and not 5 cause otherwise, I'd be transferring Joyous Staff+ and ATK Opening 3 to one of my other healers. I love using that combo way too too much.
I personally feel that they wouldn't be as effective as Winter Eirika anyway, since I'm pretty sure she has the highest base attack of all healers, which means they wouldn't heal as much as she does.

It's why I use Wings of Mercy on her; it allows her to instantly warp to whoever is getting low health and just fully heal them back up.

And that's not mentionning the Joyous Staff and Atk Opening combo buffing whoever has the highest attack in so many stats. It's so dumb :laugh:

The amount of setup there was truly mind-boggling.
Yeah. That Reciprocal Aid + Skadi combo was actually genius. Fallem Takumi works so well in Aether Raids lol

Man, anyone else remember at launch when Takumi, Ryoma, and Hector were the best units in the game just for the dreaded Distant-Close Counter/Vantage combo?
And now, Keaton is for that exact same reason.

Some things just never change :p

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I personally feel that they wouldn't be as effective as Winter Eirika anyway, since I'm pretty sure she has the highest base attack of all healers, which means they wouldn't heal as much as she does.

It's why I use Wings of Mercy on her; it allows her to instantly warp to whoever is getting low health and just fully heal them back up.

And that's not mentioning the Joyous Staff and Atk Opening combo buffing whoever has the highest attack in so many stats. It's so dumb :laugh:
I'm aware they'd probably not heal as much, but one of the problems I'm having with W.Eirika is her mobility. I've been using her for my cheerleading Offense team for Arena and while I'd like to have her with a Drive Seal to add to the team boost, she can hardly keep up with the other members. So it's either Armored boots for mobility or a Drive skill for teamwork.

And her Dazzling staff has helped me on many occasions, which is why I'm hesitant to replace it.

Edit: New comic...

Poor Florina. Getting caught between the Yaoi and Yuri fangirls. :laugh:

That aside, I feel this comic has alot of meme potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm aware they'd probably not heal as much, but one of the problems I'm having with W.Eirika is her mobility. I've been using her for my cheerleading Offense team for Arena and while I'd like to have her with a Drive Seal to add to the team boost, she can hardly keep up with the other members. So it's either Armored boots for mobility or a Drive skill for teamwork.

And her Dazzling staff has helped me on many occasions, which is why I'm hesitant to replace it.

Edit: New comic...

Poor Florina. Getting caught between the Yaoi and Yuri fangirls. :laugh:

That aside, I feel this comic has alot of meme potential.
Both are wrong, Florina is looking at Lyn only.

Top Bottom