• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I would say Legendary Azura's main competition would just be Brave or Legendary Hector, Legendary Robin, and Legendary Tiki going by popularity.

I think she'll win though because while the other units are strong, they aren't game changing to the degree Legendary Azura is. Legendary Azura is fantastic to have for like, any Infernal and Abyssal content, while that's not really true of the others. She's Brave Veronica all over again (who I also think has a chance of winning).
People actually like Legendary Robin?

Like, aside from me?

In any case, Azura seems like a super likely candidate. Even players that already pulled for her get a free B Duel Flying out of it, and while that's not as fun as something like Distant Counter, it's an immensely impactful skill that can carry players through Arena tiers with the right investment.

If I were to guess what her major competition would be, I'd say Legendary Hector, since he's a stupidly powerful unit, an Armored Legendary Hero, has unique team support in the form of Ostian Pulse, and he comes with the ever valuable Distant Counter (and Vengeful Fighter as a bonus) for players who don't want to use him (I do hope people remember that before throwing votes at Brave Hector when he doesn't even have inheritable DC).

I'd still give the edge to Azura though, partially because she's one of the most recent Heroes and everyone is already seeing her immense impact on the meta, so she's going to be on everyone's minds, and because she's one of the best values you can get for a single unit. Azura as a support unit is just as effective at +0 as she is at +10. She'll age well as a free unit compared to her competition.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If a Hero Rises 2 happens I could see it ending like this:

1st- L!Azura: Reasons have been explained; game changing, buffed assist, ideal for inflated PvE content, etc.

2nd- L!Tiki: DC anti Dragon Prf, skillset ready from the get go, 180 BST, enough speed to maybe run Special Fighter.

3rd- H!Myrrh: Prf that sinergizes with her monstrous defense, Armor March for support.

4th- Hrìd: Distant Counter, Freezing Seal and a cavalier with a big offensive presence.

-----

5th- L!Hector: DC, Fire Hero and a great skillset for defense and support. The factors against him are that there's multiple Hectors now, DC is more available, LA!Hector rerun is around the corner and can be considered better due Berserk Armads, add B!Hector and the vote for the OHOs divides more.

6th- M!Grima: DC Prf, huge attack and armored, the shining new armors with bigger BST have the edge, but I score him over W!Fae as... she's completely underwhelming because, despite her BST, her lack of Prf and big Falchion weakness as her focus is Res makes her less imposing than the Fell Dragon who can just slap Aether and a Breath/Stance to become pretty self sufficient without major efforts.

7th- HF!Micaiah: Dancer with a high attack, Prf that nukes Cavs and Armors, imo the the best dancer until L!Azura arrived; while she doesn't buff allies outside her default B, she can check many threats, bruise enemies and finish off others safely as Dawn Suzu has built in Hardy Bearing 3. She would be Top 3 if L!Azura didn't exist.

8th- Surtr: You know, bull**** Prf Steady Stance 4, Memenace. He can trivialize some Abyssal/Infernal content by just standing menancingly. He can be lower or much higher depending on if the players are still mad.

9th- W!Tharja: Even after a year, she's a great armor with a ready to go skillset, her rerun could remind people about that.
Thighs.

10th- L!Marth: imo he's in an odd place to the point I don't know where he would go; he's a Dragonbuster but L!Tiki also is one, his B skill is an absolute check but doesn't seem so attractive if you are forced to enemy phase/bait stuff, however his Fire Emblem and Infantry Flash along with his Fire Blessing makes him a great support.
He's Top 10 for sure, but I don't know if the Loli Armor Dragon army has overshadowed him.
CYL3 could also play a factor.

-----

Dark Horses:

-Tibarn/Nailah: The biggest point against them is being in the normal pool, however their fodder makes them tempting

-B!Veronica: A huge bulk of players picked her for CYL2 but some others didn't, resulting in her getting some votes for those who suffer with Abyssals, I don't see her breaking the Top 10 anyway.

-L!Eirika: Fastest Cav, Pseudo-Black Luna, the Qtest QTπ. Facing though competion from Icy Hot and her Winter Armored variant. She could break the Top 5 but it depends on her CYL3 scoring.

-Micaiah: Cav/Armor check, anti-Reinhardt with her vanilla set, great Ploy user. Faces competition from her dancer self and the fact she's on the regular pool.

-Celica: Double/Triple Brazen to break Abyssals in half, best car. However she needs investment and maybe there's some who believe in her future but very unlikely demotion.

-Ophelia: Another Abyssalcrusher, but as Celica, she needs investment. Ophedusk The Tormentor needs two sacrifices in the form of Sothe and Lewyn to work.
Being on the regular pool and Hero Fests for beginners doesn't help her case either.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
but I score him over W!Fae as... she's completely underwhelming because, despite her BST, her lack of Prf and big Falchion weakness as her focus is Res makes her less imposing than the Fell Dragon who can just slap Aether and a Breath/Stance to become pretty self sufficient without major efforts.
*looks at Winter Fae image*
qxlh8mamax821.jpg

Better hope we don't get a Mythic Hero that boosts DEF and also heals with their C-skill.

D

Deleted member

The winner of A Hero Rises 2 is gonna be whatever new Legendary Hero is released during it and I dunno why you guys are entertaining any other possibility.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The winner of A Hero Rises 2 is gonna be whatever new Legendary Hero is released during it and I dunno why you guys are entertaining any other possibility.

"Bah gawd, that's Yune!Micaiah's music!"
"Dheginsea hits her from behind with a steel chair!"

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Mythic Hero, to be specific.

And in that case it depends on the character and what they bring to the table. Ike was already an uber-popular character, had a powerful Legendary Effect, and had an amazing base kit for use or for fodder, on top of being the newest thing IS was hyping up.

The new hero for this month will have to deal with Mythic Heroes' dubious reputation, limited scope of their blessing effect, and the character itself not being as popular as others.

Like, Yune/Dheghinsea/Lehran would be cool, but I'm not sure if they're the type of characters that would unite an entire playerbase.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I mean didn't Ike beat out other people who the more competitive community wanted just by being Ike? Isn't there a popularity element that needs to be considered? I think that would hurt Azura more than help.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean didn't Ike beat out other people who the more competitive community wanted just by being Ike? Isn't there a popularity element that needs to be considered? I think that would hurt Azura more than help.
Somewhat. Ike is definitely popular, but when A Hero Rises was first announced, it was announced just after Ike was announced as well. Plus he also had Warding Breath, which is Steady Breath but with RES. So it was a combination of popularity, skill fodder and because he was the new shiny thing just announced. Not to mention IS basically went, "So yeah, this Hero Rises deal, anybody can be chosen, including Legendary Ike." So even IS was expecting him to win.

That said, it should be noted that regular Hector was in the Top 4, despite being there since the start of the game. Hector's deal was just the sheer fact that he was the only one with Distant Counter at the time, not to mention he is one of the best units in the game. So Tier and unit factors do come into play as well.

So Legendary Azura definitely has alot going for her, being one of the best dancers with a Dance that gives a movement bonus for Infantry and Fliers, a weapon that gives an all-around stat boost, Blue Flier Duel skill for Arena, great Speed for avoiding doubles and she's still pretty new.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You say that as if Azura isn't a popular character that IS loves to push.

Much to my dismay.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Somewhat. Ike is definitely popular, but when A Hero Rises was first announced, it was announced just after Ike was announced as well. Plus he also had Warding Breath, which is Steady Breath but with RES. So it was a combination of popularity, skill fodder and because he was the new shiny thing just announced. Not to mention IS basically went, "So yeah, this Hero Rises deal, anybody can be chosen, including Legendary Ike." So even IS was expecting him to win.

That said, it should be noted that regular Hector was in the Top 4, despite being there since the start of the game. Hector's deal was just the sheer fact that he was the only one with Distant Counter at the time, not to mention he is one of the best units in the game. So Tier and unit factors do come into play as well.

So Legendary Azura definitely has alot going for her, being one of the best dancers with a Dance that gives a movement bonus for Infantry and Fliers, a weapon that gives an all-around stat boost, Blue Flier Duel skill for Arena, great Speed for avoiding doubles and she's still pretty new.
I think she does have a lot going for her but I just wonder if Hector or Tibarn have more of a shot by virtue of being very popular while Azura is surely feeling alt fatigue in the community.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think she does have a lot going for her but I just wonder if Hector or Tibarn have more of a shot by virtue of being very popular while Azura is surely feeling alt fatigue in the community.
Tibarn has a shot, especially due to his Beast status and Offensive stats and skills. Hector, maybe not so much, especially as:
-There are alot more Hectors than just him.
-There are alot more shiny toys now.

Ike was definitely more on the idea that everybody was expecting him to win, rather than popularity or how good he was. Now today, there are alot of powerful units, including Legendary Tiki, Legendary Marth, Hrid, Legendary Robin, Summer Micaiah, Legendary Azura, Surtr, etc. There's going to be quite alot of competition for the 2nd Hero Rises.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Tibarn has a shot, especially due to his Beast status and Offensive stats and skills. Hector, maybe not so much, especially as:
-There are alot more Hectors than just him.
-There are alot more shiny toys now.

Ike was definitely more on the idea that everybody was expecting him to win, rather than popularity or how good he was. Now today, there are alot of powerful units, including Legendary Tiki, Legendary Marth, Hrid, Legendary Robin, Summer Micaiah, Legendary Azura, Surtr, etc. There's going to be quite alot of competition for the 2nd Hero Rises.
Well I have like none of the units you guys are talking about so I'll welcome any of them lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I casually decided to try this without much thought and to my surprise I beat it super easily.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really ought to promote Clair eventually.
Do so and you will be a summoner of true culture.

But more seriously, you have Caeda who really is near identical to her stats-wise and as much as I love Clair, I think there is an argument to be made that Caeda is slightly better in the current meta due to the growing prominence of green armours compared to any other unit type.

I initially just built Clair because I really liked her in SoV so I just got kinda lucky with how she got so many retroactive improvements. I would consider building Caeda too but since I'm already planning to +10 Laegjarn (halfway there as she's at +5), she already fills my red slot in my main team while Clair fills the role Caeda would have filled.

Ivander

Smash Legend
My Summonings in a nutshell lately.
download 3.png

Not that more Fury Master is a bad thing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Aren't we supposed to get a Preview or trailer for a new banner today or tomorrow?

That said, I would not be surprised if they apply Time Chamber/Deeprealm rules for the death sentence.
*Nine Days have passed*
*Only 12 hours has passed in the game*

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Press F for all of the summoners who S-Supported Alfonse, they will be widows soon. :c

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
DxQVWKsUUAAR6J0.png
My head tells me L'Arachel and Rebecca but probably is Hinoka and Hana.

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 187506
My head tells me L'Arachel and Rebecca but probably is Hinoka and Hana.
That looks so much like a bathhouse theme, just because of those bucket-like things. But the fact that I see flowers in that one character's sprite, it could be a Valentine's event again, but this time themed around flowers rather than presents. But then I don't know what those bucket-like things would be.

That said, I don't know whether to imagine a bathhouse theme being possible. Like, I don't think bathhouse towels as outfits would be taken well by either side. But then again, Winter Tharja exists.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>No Fear
>Armored Camilla wearing only a towel
>One Fear

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just remembered..........we got a bath bucket and steamed buns from the recent Tap Battle......

You know, I was getting my hopes up when I saw someone mention that the buckets in the silhouettes look more like what is used for dumplings and that it could've been Lunar New Year, which got my hopes up for a Lunar New Year theme.....but then I remembered that Seasonal items are often given in Tap Battles and the latest ones were a Bath bucket and steamed buns which mention a hot spring....

Oh boy...

Edit: But the steamed buns also mention bean jam and IIRC, Lunar New Year has something about bean cakes.......so.......maybe?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fates strikes again.

We're also getting yet another Camilla as a Tempest Trials unit.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>When we complain about too many Camilla alts in banners and they give us one for free now.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fates strikes again.

>when you complain about constant Fates alts because you just want Rinkah if we must have a Fates banner, but they give you another flying Hinoka alt who has a cool new skill for Flier teams

201918_165127777.jpg

Camilla is inexcusable though jesus

Ivander

Smash Legend
The fact that Camilla is the free unit. They knew people would be ticked about Camilla after what happened with the last one.

That said, I wonder if the Banner video would've had less dislikes had Camilla not been shown at the end there. As I'm pretty sure some of the dislikes are because of her.

And man, I will be there for the salt and tears should Camilla win CYL3. It'll be amazing.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Fates strikes again.

My thought on seeing the units at first was "Why Elise and not Takumi." It's mostly Hoshido otherwise, and they clearly don't care about giving characters too many alts.

. . . . .

Camilla has 6 alts and STILL hasn't gotten a Mythic/Legndary or CYL version.

Depending on who the bonus units for the TT are, this might be the first free unit I don't keep a copy of on hand.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I figured it out guys. Hel wasn't actually death sentencing Alfonse. She was death sentencing us.

"Nine Days."

*after Nine Days, new Banner is shown as well as a new Camilla Alt*

*fanbase dies*

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
That said, I wonder if the Banner video would've had less dislikes had Camilla not been shown at the end there. As I'm pretty sure some of the dislikes are because of her.
I think most people are just sick of Fates in general so the trailer would probably have a ton of dislikes regardless of Camilla. Which is a shame because I still really want Reina.

And man, I will be there for the salt and tears should Camilla win CYL3. It'll be amazing.
Honestly since Camilla has done well on CYL in the past and Camilla alts are more of a meme than ever, I think she may actually win. I kind of want her to win now just to see all of the salt that will be produced.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The most important question I have is who does Ryoma go to the men's pool with? He's the only guy on the banner.

Hinoka probably takes the L.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
"Oh hey, the new Fire Emblem Heroes trailer is out! Let's see the trailer and the general reactions to it-"

Oh dear...

>Notices the 6th Camilla alt, and turns to IS:

I can't say I'm too shocked since IS has been using Fateswakening a lot in those alt banners, but dear lord, the backlash is strong, and I can especially see why with the 6th Camilla alt.

Even I will admit I'm disappointed with this 6th Camilla alt. Why couldn't it have been Leo instead? I mean, I'm not a fan of Leo myself, but he had the same amount of alts as Elise, Sakura, and Hinoka did prior to this banner, so him having an alt here would've helped provide some better balance distribution in the amount of alts the Fates royals have in Fire Emblem Heroes.

This banner doesn't interest me that much aside from Hinoka, who is my favorite of all the featured royals here. I might pull for her, but I'd like to see what's in store for the Mythic Hero banner before deciding to seriously pull for Hinoka.

Top Bottom