• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Awakening Difficulties

Maresch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maresch
I'm considering getting FE:Awakening. I've only played (and beaten) the very first Fire Emblem on an NES emulator (Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light, fan translated), although I admit I kind of abused save states nearing the end because I really didn't want certain characters to die. Does this mean I should turn perma-deaths off when I start Awakening? Is the first one much harder, like a lot of NES games, that I shouldn't have to worry? Does turning perma-deaths off detract from the game? If so, is it worth it to not have to worry about random ridiculous crits?

I hope none of these questions look dumb.

I have not played the FE1 or FE3 in awhile, but my impression of those games were they was easier games in the series. If you noticed player stats capped at 20 rather than having varying stats as the later FE games started to have. So even late into the game after using the same characters enemy stats are usually lower compared to your own units. But, I started playing FE1/3 after I had already finished some of the other FE games. Maybe bias on my part lol

Anyway, I guess FE13 would probably be the most accessible FE game at the moment. I have been hearing that FE9/10 have been getting pricey. More input bias from me, but I prefer the other FE1-12 rather than Awakening (FE13) in terms of gameplay. But, its still a fun game to play.

To me, so long as save states and saves are not used to get low probability outcomes (say getting a 1% crit 20 turns in a map), then I think save states and saves simply save you in real life time. If I died 20 minutes into a map and would have to restart I would rather just pick a different move form the save and move on. I am just wasting my time having to restart for low odds junk. I say go with the casual mode to save on any grieve.

Last edited:

Maresch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Maresch
Thanks for the reply and the honesty @ E Elyssa Xey Hexen , I appreciate when people point out where there may be bias on their own part. I'm kind of surprised that FE1/FE3 aren't much more difficult (if at all) like a lot of other old games. Looks like I'll probably try casual mode.

Top Bottom